Curious_George

inetcpl.cpl Suspicious Action Was Allowed. 01/17/2018

Why was it not blocked instead of being allowed.  Is my computer safe to use? Thanks.

Application:  Internet Control Panel     Application path: C:\Windows\System32\inetcpl.cpl

image.png.efcaa593a8d31c498fd3417757e6380d.png

Typo.  Date happened was 01/17/2019.

Welcome. Because it is probably ok. Probably all ok/fine.

What settings have you changed? Any custom rules created? 

Hi richbuff,

Thanks so much!  I like your response -  was allowed "because it is  probably ok". I have not changed any settings at all; I seldom use IE. No custom rules created - never did any.  I was looking for a file, don't even remember now; the IE browser came up;  I hit something, then the Kaspersky notification just popped up.  So, nothing for me to worry about this, I hope.  You concur?

By the way - on the screenshot, you may have noticed that  AMD Quick Stream genarated a Suspicious action also but was blocked.  I get this everyday .  A while back I had a blue screen of death, and the 'repair tech' installed an AMD driver- ever since I get this AMD Quick Stream which I know nothing about.  Would appreciate your kind advice/assistance on this.

Thanks again and have a wonderful day/weekend.

You're welcome. Yes, I got a kick out of it too.

To explore further, please see the third pinned topic, as indicated in the small print located at the bottom of this message. 

Thanks again Richbuff,

I can't see the pinned topics you mentioned - what am I missing?  Would you please be so kind as to provide me the links to the related topics