Hi All,

Ten minutes ago KAV showed me I got an infection in memory. I left it working and fixing the problem.

After restarted the PC I looked for the name of the infection on KAV's detailed report but I couldn't find it.

Where can I read the name of the infection KAV found?

Thank you

Hello CodeVisio.

In Reports > Detailed reports > Detected objects you should be able to see it.
Try also in the quarantine: More Tools > Quarantine.

Hi The Shield,

Thanks for the answer.

KAV found, I guess in memory, MEM:Trojan.Script.AngryPower.gen. It seems KAV couldn't fix the threat (non disinfected:1) but I followed it suggestion to restard the PC after it tried.

On the desktop again, I performed a full check but everything seemed normal.

There is only one side effect. I'm not sure if it is related to the threat. Windows Calculator doesn't run anymore. I click on it, it seems running, I see its window but then it crashes.

A crash event is reported inside Event Viewer and there is a faulting module for it: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll.

I performed a system check, sfc/scannow but it didn't find any integrity violation.

Any idea how to fix that?

Thank you very much.

24 minutes ago, richbuff said:

Please contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/support/

Please attach the following items to your Tech Support request: 

a. Description of the issue.
b. Screenshot, as needed.
c. GSI

Hi richbuff,

Thanks for the answer. 

I'm not sure the Windows Calculator problem is related to the threat or to KAV. It seems more on the Microsoft side.

What do you think?

Thanks

EDIT: some English editing.

Edited by CodeVisio

9 hours ago, CodeVisio said:

Hi richbuff,

Thanks for the answer. 

I'm not sure the Windows Calculator problem is related to the threat or to KAV. It seems more on the Microsoft side.

What do you think?

Thanks

EDIT: some English editing.

I think you're already infected. I recommend performing a clean install already on your computer right away.

On 1/17/2019 at 8:53 AM, CodeVisio said:

infection in memory

Also, before taking any other action please follow above suggestion from richbuff

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.