Rob Clarke

Disable task on slave server

Hi,

I'm trying to disable or stop inheritence for a task, for a specific group on a slave server.

I've got a daily scan task on the top level server that is distributed to 9 slave servers. On one of the slave servers i have a group that i wish to disable this task and create an additional one just for this group.

On the top server if i go to 'Exclusions from task scope' I can only exclude managed groups that exist on the top level server - none of the groups on slave servers can be added.

On the slave server i cannot edit the task. I need this task to exist for other groups on the slave server so cannot disable inheritence completely.

Is this achievable?

TIA

2 часа назад, Rob Clarke сказал:

Hi,

I'm trying to disable or stop inheritence for a task, for a specific group on a slave server.

I've got a daily scan task on the top level server that is distributed to 9 slave servers. On one of the slave servers i have a group that i wish to disable this task and create an additional one just for this group.

On the top server if i go to 'Exclusions from task scope' I can only exclude managed groups that exist on the top level server - none of the groups on slave servers can be added.

On the slave server i cannot edit the task. I need this task to exist for other groups on the slave server so cannot disable inheritence completely.

Is this achievable?

TIA

Hello!

Please specify your KSC version.

Thank you!

12 часов назад, Rob Clarke сказал:

Hi,

Sorry I should have included this!

KSC version 10.5.1781

Task is a virus scan for FSEE 8.0.2.213

Hello!

You can use policy profiles for this scope of computers

Hi,

I can see where policy profiles are on the policies for Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows (11.0.0).

But my issue is for Kaspersky Anti-Virus 8.0 for Windows Servers Enterprise Edition. I do not see policy profile section for this product.

On 1/16/2019 at 6:32 PM, Rob Clarke said:

Hi,

Is this achievable?

TIA

Hello.

Granular configuration of the slave servers to inherit a particular a task on is not currently a feature in KSC. You can set up a task to either enforce itself on slave servers or not.

However, please note that inheritance to slave servers only works for group tasks, and applies to slave servers within that group. Moving the slave server in question outside of the group to which the task is applied will remove it from its scope.

Thank you.

OK, thanks.

I will have to move to a different server.

Think being able to disable inheritence on groups within a slave server would be a useful feature.

So default on slave server is to inherit policies and tasks, but create a group with only specified policies and tasks without any inheritence.

2 hours ago, Rob Clarke said:

OK, thanks.

I will have to move to a different server.

Think being able to disable inheritence on groups within a slave server would be a useful feature.

So default on slave server is to inherit policies and tasks, but create a group with only specified policies and tasks without any inheritence.

Not sure if I'm understanding your suggestion correctly.

Please clarify if moving the slave server under a different group is an acceptable solution for your problem.

Thank you.

I have had to move the servers i wished to manage to the top level server & create a seperate group so i can re-assign tasks.

The suggestion i made is to be able to choose what is inherited at slave server level.

All groups within slave server inherit all tasks without being able to prevent inheritence unless it is for the entire server. I want slave server to inherit the other tasks, but one group within that to not inherit.

Hello!

If you want to disable inheritance for one group of managed machines then it would be usefull to create a separate task for it. 

Thanks!

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.