Ask Eugene! Read more... ×
Kappen

Laptop sound problem

My new HP Pavilion x360 14 laptop sound not working. Problem noticed only after I changed from default antivirus to Kaspersky Total security. 

I carried out the troubleshooting and everything seems to be in order. Is it something that got disabled as part of the protection? In that case how do I rectify? Or the problem is not related to Kaspersky Total security?

Any case would appreciate help.

I had my new HP Pavilion x360 14 cd0087TU laptop delivered to me on 12th Sept. 2018. It was protected by McAfee virus protection free for a period of 1 month. Everything worked normally during this period.

Subsequently on 11th October 2018 I subscribed for Kaspersky Internet security. Some time later when I played a video file I noticed that sound is absent. I carried out all troubleshooting procedures prescribed and the checks including drivers updating but it says that all is OK. It took me a while to suspect that this happened after I had installed Kaspersky Internet security. I had also noticed that my Internet banking does not work correctly with 'Safe money' hence I deactivated that. In the same manner is there anything that blocks sound from the Laptop speaker?

I am able to listen to the audio along with video when I screen mirror my files to my television.