Thiago Borba

Disable Windows Defender? Kaspersky Total Security

I've just installed KTS and it is running with windows defender.

It's safe to disable windows defender,,,,,

how I do this.

image.png.7188e81b5c64d94ea54a20f2d81d1a99.png

Edited by Thiago Borba
Wrong post

Welcome , please proceed as follows :

> MSCONFIG
> Disable WD in the Services
> Disable WD in the Startup section
> Reboot

Hello.

Also, in addition to Berny instructions, the Windows icon does not mean that Windows Defender is running but mean that Windows Defender Security Center is active.
Click on that icon > virus protection. Here you can see which antivirus is active.

I have found that disabling WD in msconfig/startup does not always stop WD running. What I do is go to start and in the search field type defender. This will bring up Microsoft Windows Defender Security Centre option. Click on that and you will get a page with several options on the left to turn on/off different parts on the Windows Security Centre. As for the recommendations to configure you can ignore or configure, it's up to you.

No need to worry about these notifications, they will not make you lose performance or protection in your KTS, and remembering that as soon as you install KTS the MS (windows defender * WD) anti-virus will auto-disable so the KTS assumes total control over protection. so no need to do any extra configuration or disable something in WD

Nao precisa se preocupar com essas notificações , elas nao farao voce perder desempenho ou proteçao no no seu KTS , e lembrando que assim que você instala o KTS o anti-virus da MS ( windows defender * WD ) se auto-desabilita assim o KTS assume o total controle sobre a proteção . portanto sem necessidades de fazer alguma configuraçao extra ou desabilitar algo no WD

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.