cwne|steve

Strange Server \ Admin Kit Status

I have a server which is fully protected and up to date (KAV6). However, the Admin Kit reports its status as "Critical/Visible" and when I select protection it shows "Stopped".

The applications tab reports...

"KAV 6 for Windows Servers : Inactive"

"KAV6 Network Agent : Running"

Synchronizing with it makes no difference and there are no events listed against it.

When I physically look at the server and KAV everything is running fine. What could this be and how can I update its status?

Which AdminKit do you use the v5 or v6 and did you update the FileServer PlugIn on the AdminKit?

Which AdminKit do you use the v5 or v6 and did you update the FileServer PlugIn on the AdminKit?

Hi, I am using Version 6 (kasp6.0.1405_adminkiten.exe). Not sure what the fileserver plugin update is?

Critical is shown because RealTimeProtection (RTP) is not running. Otherwise i would say your system wasn't scanned completly.

are you able to START the FS via application tab? have you checked connection between client and adminserver with klnagchk.exe tool?

Critical is shown because RealTimeProtection (RTP) is not running. Otherwise i would say your system wasn't scanned completly.

are you able to START the FS via application tab?  have you checked connection between client and adminserver with klnagchk.exe tool?

RTP is running and everything is up to date when I physically check the machine. It reports "your computer is well protected" It is even pulling down its updates. I have also paused and restarted RTP.

I am not able to start it via the application tab from the admin kit; it reports "Application is not installed correctly on the computer" However, I believe that it is installed correctly.

Here is what klnagchk reports (which looks fine too)

C:\kav\WinFileServers\Nagent>klnagchk.exe
Starting utility 'klnagchk'...
Checking command line options...OK
Initializing basic libraries...OK
Current host is DOMAIN\SVR03

Reading the settings...OK
Settings verification...OK
Network Agent settings:
       Administration Server address: 'SVR01'
       Use SSL connection: 1
       Numbers of the Administration server SSL ports: '13000'
       Numbers of the Administration server ports: '14000'
       Administration Server certificate: available
       Use proxy server: 0
       Open UDP port: 1
       Numbers of UDP ports: '15000'
       Synchronization period, min.: 15
       Connection timeout, sec.: 30
       Send/receive timeout, sec.: 180

Attempt to connect to the Administration server...OK
Attempt to connect to the Network Agent...OK
Administration Agent is running
Receiving the Network Agent's statistical data...OK
Network Agent's statistical data:
Total number of synchronization requests: 2434
The number of successful synchronization requests: 2434
Total number of synchronizations: 705
The number of successful syncrhonizations: 705
Date/time of the last request for synchronization:12/06/2007 14:58:26 GMT (12/06
/2007 15:58:26)

Deinitializing basic libraries...OK

Strange behaviour... i would recommend to re-install the FS and its also of interest if or what product was installed on the server before installing FS 6.0.2.678 and how it was removed!?

Strange behaviour... i would recommend to re-install the FS and its also of interest if or what product was installed on the server before installing FS 6.0.2.678 and how it was removed!?

371637[/snapback]

The previous version (KAV 5) I removed from the control panel add/remove programs, rebooted and then installed V6.

I will be installing KAV6 on another sever this week, so I will see how this behaves. Then I guess I will reboot the server or re-install if that doesnt work.

Cheers for your help.

Ok, I think I know what the problem is now.

On the server in question, I only removed KAV5 for Win Servers and left the Network Agent which is Version 5!

I have installed KAV6 on two more servers this morning and I removed KAV5 for Win Servers & Network agent V5.

I performed a complete install running kav6.0.2.678_winservers (KAV6 Win Servers) on to these two servers and I have noticed that the package does not install a network agent.

So, the Admin Kit (version 6) can not see these two new servers as there is no network agent.

Am I correct in thinking that I should now install kasp6.0.1405_netagentmsien.exe (Network Agent 6.0.1405) or am I missing something else?

Did you made a backup from your old AdminKit 5 with backup task to get a backup copy of the AdminServer certificate ??? And if yes have you used the backup certificate when installing the AdminKit 6 ??

Why this?

The AdminKit creates an individual certificate on installation and if you bring out your Network Agents these agents use the certificate to be sure with which AdminKit they're allowed to communicate!

If you have now an old Agent 5 with old certificate your client still searches an AdminKit holding the old certificate!!

Remove old agent and install the new one rolleyes.gif

Did you made a backup from your old AdminKit 5 with backup task to get a backup copy of the AdminServer certificate ???

Yes, I created a backup cert during installation.

And if yes have you used the backup certificate when installing the AdminKit 6 ??

I cant recall tbh. How can I find this out?

I can see all of the workstations and remaining servers which are running V5, so perhaps that means that its using V5?

If you have now an old Agent 5 with old certificate your client still searches an AdminKit holding the old certificate!!

Remove old agent and install the new one

Any advice on how I might do this? As far as I can remember, I simply installed KAV6 Admin kit on to the main server which was running V5. I backed up the cert and installed via default. I cannot remember if this uninstalled the previous admin kit.

Incidentally, I removed the old network agent and installed the new one. The admin kit cannot see an AV installed now (which ties in with your cert theory).

Edited by cwne|steve

The remote Agent can be installed by uncheck in the agent installation task the point "do not install if already installed".

can't edit my post so its another one sorry.

Ok, the server in question has KAV6 Win Servers and Network Agent V6. I have ran "klnagchk" and it tells me that there is no certificate and hence it can not speak to the admin kit v6 correctly.

C:\kav\WinFileServers\Nagent>klnagchk.exe
Starting utility 'klnagchk'...
Checking command line options...OK
Initializing basic libraries...OK
Current host is DOMAIN\SVR4

Reading the settings...OK
Settings verification...OK
Network Agent settings:
       Administration Server address: 'SVR2'
       Use SSL connection: 1
       Numbers of the Administration server SSL ports: '13000'
       Numbers of the Administration server ports: '14000'
       Administration Server certificate: missing
       Use proxy server: 0
       Open UDP port: 1
       Numbers of UDP ports: '15000'
       Synchronization period, min.: 15
       Connection timeout, sec.: 30
       Send/receive timeout, sec.: 180

Administration Server certificate: missing

Looks like this is the reason. How do I apply the correct certificate?

Hello cwne|steve

Just run the following command :

klmover.exe -address [iP_OF_YOUR_ADMINISTRATION_SERVER]

Then Kaspersky Network Agent will automatically download the certificate from your Administration Server.

Regards,

DB

Hello cwne|steve

Just run the following command :

klmover.exe -address [iP_OF_YOUR_ADMINISTRATION_SERVER]

Then Kaspersky Network Agent will automatically download the certificate from your Administration Server.

Regards,

DB

373736[/snapback]

Excellent, problem fixed. Something so simple too. A million thanks!

This problem is happening for me as well. The difference is, all of the machines I installed KAV on were fresh installs with the latest version that is out ATM (6.0.837). So far, I've had this happen to 3 workstations within the last 1-2 months. If I check the workstation, it shows everything is running, but AdminKit reports it not. Reboot the systems, and it reports correctly. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.