john4669

Chrome Ultrasurf proxy extensions bypass parental controls

I have Total Internet Security 2018 and use the "Safe Kids" feature on my child's laptop.  As a test, I was able to install the Ultrasurf proxy extension from Chrome store and immediately bypass all parental controls.  I tried adding "chrome.google.com" to the blocked url list but it doesn't work.  Certainly there has to be a way to block extensions?  Otherwise it is next to trivial to get around everything.

On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 5:54 PM, john4669 said:

I tried adding "chrome.google.com" to the blocked url list but it doesn't work

Listen the advisable is that, you uninstall that app - Using the default windows method

on Programs & Features. if is not listed here because is an extension >> open Chrome

Main menu 3-Vertical dots icon >> select More tools >> click on Extensions and

lookup for the [Remove ] button if No found try to [Disabled] Read online

a lot of users having, hard time to Delete this app,.so removed soon

11 hours ago, i n d i o said:

Listen the advisable is that, you uninstall that app - Using the default windows method

on Programs & Features. if is not listed here because is an extension >> open Chrome

Main menu 3-Vertical dots icon >> select More tools >> click on Extensions and

lookup for the [Remove ] button if No found try to [Disabled] Read online

a lot of users having, hard time to Delete this app,.so removed soon

Yes, I easily uninstalled it but that's not the point.  I would expect Kaspersky to not allow it to be installed in the first place.  Not much point in using Safe Kids if the kid can get around it in a few mouse clicks.

Hello john4669 , I'm Flavio from Kaspersky Lab. 

VPN applications and VPN browser extensions can't bypass the Kaspersky Safe Kids protection: the network traffic is handled by Kaspersky Safe Kids before it goes into the VPN tunnel. 

I think there's something wrong in the installation. One more evidence is that you say that "adding chrome.google.com to the blocked url list doesn't work". Actually if you add chrome.google.com the custom blacklist, you can't visit https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ultrasurf-security-privac/mjnbclmflcpookeapghfhapeffmpodij/  and any other page in the chrome.google.com domain.

Can you specify which version of Kaspersky Safe Kids is installed on your child's laptop? Anyway, I suggest to reinstall it and check if the problem is still actual. And moreover, I suggest you to upgrade Kaspersky Total Security 2018 to 2019 version. It's free and included in your license. Here you find links:

- Last KTS build:  https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads/thank-you/total-security  

- Last KSK build for Win: https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads/thank-you/safe-kids-pc

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.