hemlok89

after instaling KIS, the video download bar of IDM is not appearing anymore.

Hello, I just installed KIS trial version on my PC as recommended by a friend. I really like it so far. But there is one odd probem. I use Internet Download Manager. But after instaling KIS, the video download bar of IDM is not appearing anymore. I have checked that IDM is marked as trusted under application control. But the download bar is not showing up on any video site.

2 hours ago, hemlok89 said:

Hello, I just installed KIS trial version on my PC as recommended by a friend. I really like it so far. But there is one odd probem. I use Internet Download Manager. But after instaling KIS, the video download bar of IDM is not appearing anymore. I have checked that IDM is marked as trusted under application control. But the download bar is not showing up on any video site.

Hello! Are you using Kaspersky's Anti-Banner by chance? If so, it might be blocking that video bar used by IDM. Or I guess, remotely possible where you have 'Data Collection' from web getting blocked. Sounds more like Banner blocking tho.

Edited by plb4333

Also, make sure you have 'Advance Browser Integration' checked in IDM. As well as, some sites use a video protocol that's not yet supported in IDM, but not very many sites. A safe site for checking video's and IDM is YouTube. Sometimes there can be an extension/plugin incompatibility. You might try disabling Kaspersky plugin and see if it makes a difference. Personally, I use IDM and Kaspersky Internet Security and I don't have issues with Video DL bars.

No I checked and anti banner is turned off. Also I have advanced browser integration turned on, the extension is installed.

Hello hemlok89.

Please try this: reinstall IDM > before opening it, open Kaspersky > Settings > Additional > Threats and Exclusions > Specify trusted applications > add IDM just installed.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.