Diablo

Torrent sites, reputable ones, Kaspersky tells me the page is malicious.

Hi 

Whenever I go to any torrent site, even the reputable ones, Kaspersky tells me the page is malicious. Is it still safe to download from these site? are there safe torrenting sites out there?

Many Thanks

IMO, No, not really. It's always like a 'take your chances' type scenario. Maybe a paid torrent site is better, not sure, since I don't use them, sorry. As far as malicious, it might be where there's Site Redirects involved, and that triggers the page message and not malware in the files. Do the torrent sites try to install a file(s) on your computer when you first visited the torrent site, do you remember?

On 12/21/2018 at 4:21 PM, Diablo said:

Whenever I go to any torrent site, even the reputable ones, Kaspersky tells me the page is malicious. Is it still safe to download from these site? are there safe torrenting sites out there?

Hello Diablo.

Most of the torrent sites will surely be marked as unsafe. If they are safe or not, it is certainly a risk the same.
The advice is to follow the warning given by Kaspersky at the on the page.

On 12/21/2018 at 5:21 PM, Diablo said:

Hi 

Many Thanks

I use 10+ torrent sites and never did I get a Kaspersky (19.0.0.1088 d) alert. I relay more on Chrome alerts about malicious sites and HitmanPro Alert for keeping my browser and apps.

Sometimes is not the website on itself, it is the advertisements they are running that might contain malicious scripts to infect your computer, so the website gets blocked.

Edited by yellowsub

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.