buite

Kaspersky secure connection (KSC) connects to a server in my own country (Spain)

I have the free limited version of KSC included in KAV. From several months to now, it is increasingly common that KSC connects to a Spanish server.

I use a VPN service to avoid tracking and to protect my privacy, but also to acces to blocked webs in my country. Then, I can't use KSC for the last utility an moreover I've problems to search with usual browsers.

I have always contacted with Kaspersky customer service, that recommended my, first uninstall KSC and install last version, but the last time, they said me that this free version use random servers, including Spain.

I think that a VPN service never should use a server of the country in which it is installed. In fact, actually I am using another free VPN without this problem.

Best  regards.

Welcome. This Forum cannot help you for this kind of issue , your best option is the Technical Support.

Well, as I think that I'm not the only one who suffers from this problem, 
I hoped that someone who had it would have found some solution.

:rolleyes: The above Mod's reply is correct - We can not Do too much on this

forum to solve that problem : if you currently using a VPN stay with

that-1 and disable or Unintall totally the K Secure Connection

1) When K Secure Connection is On >> The swicher is green to Disabled, just

click the Switcher to Turn it off : Also click Settings and Uncheck these

2- Options : [  ] Run kaspersky secure connection at computer Startup

[  ] Enable secure connection at app Startup..and Done deal

b) To uninstall follow the Windows default method : Goto Progams & Features 

find Kaspersky secure connection on the list - Righ click on it & select Uninstall

A lot of users either Disabled or Uninstall it - Without reducing their protection

It is not about uninstalling and reinstalling KSC, since it works the same.
The problem is that if you intend to mask your country's location, it is not normal for KSC to offer you that same country as the only connection.
And there is no solution in this forum that is the worst.

I'm in agreement with Osaki. Uninstalling and reinstalling KSC don't solve this failure, because it reapears. A VPN service never should use the country from you connect.

Other VPN services, including free, never show this deficiency.

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 9:47 AM, buite said:

but the last time, they said me that this free version use random servers, including Spain.

:) This K S Connection works that way by design as mentioned on the

quoted - Line above and confirmed by klab Tech  Support answer

I didn't suggest to Uninstall-Reinstall : I wrote - Uninstalled totally

if it doesn't work correctly, according with your own opinions 

Also instead of Uninstall this app..Kept it disabled or modify its Startup

settings as suggested on my post above or Remove its limitation

by buying the "Paid version" May fix the issue..stay Tuned! 

I always uninstalled totally. i will done your suggestions to try if its solve this problem.

At the moment I do not intend to pay for a kaspersky failure. I also have another free VPN service that never connects from an ISP in my country.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.