kasperskyuser30

Cannot find my saved pages in Internet Explorer after just updated to Total Security

I had Internet Security and I just updated today to Total Security. Upon doing so, I was prompted to install Password Manager, which I did. I was asked to choose my browsers and I chose what I use - Chrome, on occasion, but mostly Explorer. So I opened Explorer, and noticed that all my 'saved pages' I visit have disappeared. I believe I had this problem when I accidentally installed internet security instead of total security last year - all my saved pages were gone. Now, I believe since I installed Total Security again, it recalled all the pages I had last time on internet security, and that's what is showing up now. I completely forgot about this feature. I have not saved them all in the 'safe money' section because I have over 100 pages saved, and it's more convenient to have them in the explorer files on the right side of the browser. What I'm asking is can I retrieve the saved pages from the internet security web browser I just had prior to my update today? I'm so upset because there are so many pages I cannot remember! Please tell me there is a way!

From the problem's description is Not clear if want to recover the "Saved pages"

from Internet Explorer or Chrome. Anyway follow this Tech article to

recover your "Saved pages" called - Bookmarks in Chrome

Link : https://www.easeus.com/file-recovery/chrome-bookmark-recovery.html 

When the window file list appears >> Find "Bookmarks & Bookmarks.bak"

Right click on - Bookmarks >> select Rename & changed to "Bookmarks.old"

Now right click again on - Bookmarks.bak - select Rename & typed "Bookmarks"

Close that window and Restart PC & open Chrome - the Deleted bookmarks are back

Edited by i n d i o

Thanks so much for your response. You are right, I was vague with my explanation - I realized that after I posted. Before I try your suggestion, just to clarify, I meant I just used Chrome. I don't know why I said Explorer. So, when I opened Chrome, my 'saved pages" were the ones already there when I had installed the Internet Security (which was done accidentally, needless to say.) Now with the Total Security that I upgraded to, I want to retrieve the 'saved pages' I had all year on Internet Security. I hope your suggestion works. If my clarification of my issue requires me to do something else, please let me know, thank you!!

OoPs! is Kasperskyuser30 : Thanks for quick response I like those kind of members- Haa!

is clear now that you wanna restore, your Saved pages = Bookmarks on Chrome

Just be careful, when you Enter the - Data - on the File path : in the space

C:\Users\Name\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default

Replace \Name\ for the name you gave it at your PC when installed

your OS : Can be john - Ricky - Bill,.Etc. if in doubt >> click Start 

>> Control Panel >> Find "System" icon and will tell you

Yes, I did as you say. I replaced my name as requested.

Didn't work! I think I won't be able to retrieve them. I'm so upset. I guess Internet Security & Total Security are two different products. I initially had Total Security but I purchased Internet Security because of the difference in price (half off) However, now I went back to Total Security and forgot that I was going to encounter this with the saved pages. Oh well. I'll do my best to remember what I had saved. The relieving part is that 1/4 of the pages are in the previous Total Security I had saved in, but now I need to somehow get back the remaining 3/4 of them! Doubtful... 

Well, with the link above, I was able to locate the file. But here's the thing - the saved pages were from the browser that of Internet Security 2017 ! So the Kaspersky Internet Security of 2018 that I had saved pages on are now irretrievable I believe, since what I now upgraded to is the Total Security. I had Total Security back in 2017 and since I reinstalled Total Security now, the link above shows the saved pages I had in 2017. I hope this makes sense. I cannot seem to retrieve my 2018 saved pages that I had with Internet Security.

:rolleyes: Listen open Google - Chrome and visit some websites like : Kaspersky

forum, your Webmail account,.Etc. next close Chrome and Try again

the steps to recover your "Saved pages = Bookmarks"

if it doesn't work continue visiting, your most important websites and Saved

in your chrome Bookmarks folder : Also contact Technical support and explain

the case - Here's again the link :  https://my.kaspersky.com/support/requests/create

Edited by i n d i o

Posted (edited)
On 12/14/2018 at 11:01 PM, i n d i o said:

:rolleyes: Listen open Google - Chrome and visit some websites like : Kaspersky

forum, your Webmail account,.Etc. next close Chrome and Try again

the steps to recover your "Saved pages = Bookmarks"

if it doesn't work continue visiting, your most important websites and Saved

in your chrome Bookmarks folder : Also contact Technical support and explain

the case - Here's again the link :  https://my.kaspersky.com/support/requests/create

Hi, remember me? Well nothing changed. I contacted Kaspersky who wasn't of any help whatsoever. They told me Kaspersky does not delete webpages. I could not repeat myself enough by telling them that the websites that were deleted were saved in the chrome browser that opens after clicking in 'safe money.' The person did not understand that the websites saved in 'safe money' were still there -  I am referring to all the other webpages that I bookmarked in chrome under safe money after the software updated itself, which I found odd since I just installed it two weeks prior. On top of that, PW Manager stopped working - it does not remember any email/passwords I had saved with it. What is going on!! Regretting this purchase. The assistant who emailed back told me to save each page now on an external drive as back-up. Yeah, pretty much validating my point that this software sucks.

Edited by kasperskyuser30