abonorus1011

Chrome browser extension is greyed out

Hi.

As the title states. The icon of the Kaspersky extension is greyed out. When I click on it, it shows a grey shield, a crossed out line a green Kaspersky window.

I've got the retail version of KTS "19.0.0.1088(d)" installed on Windows 10 Professional 64-bit "Version 1703, Build 15063.1387". Both have all the newest updates installed.
I'm using Chrome "Version 71.0.3578.80 (Official Build) (64-bit)" and the Kaspersky extension "20.0.543.401".

When I downgrade Chrome to version 67 it works. It seems like the extension is fundamentally broken as of Chrome 68 (July 24, 2018) but I don't feel like using a 6 months old browser.
This holds true for all KTS 18 and 19 installations.

What I've tried so far:

1. Uninstalled all Chrome extensions
    I've uninstalled all extensions and restarted Chrome. Still didn't work.
  2. Reinstalled Chrome
    I've uninstalled Chrome, deleted all files from Program folders and AppData folders. Then I downloaded the newest Chrome installer from Google and reinstalled. Created a new and empty profile and reinstalled the extension from Chrome webstore. Still didn't work.
  3. Reinstalled Windows 10
    I made a backup of my HDD, formatted the drive and installed Windows 10 from the newest Windows 10 installation ISO downloaded directly from Microsoft. After that I ran Microsoft Update and installed all the newest updates. I didn't install any additional drivers or software. After that I installed KTS 19 directly from the Kaspersky website. Then I installed Chrome again. I added the extension version "20.0.543.401" from the Chrome webstore. After installation and activation the icon is still greyed out.
  4. Try different hardware
    I tried steps 1-3 on a notebook and also on another desktop machine of mine. All with the same result. Icon still greyed out.

Will there be a new version? What else could I do?

Edited by abonorus1011

8 hours ago, abonorus1011 said:

Will there be a new version? What else could I do?

:) if you Tried most of the basic solutions without success : The next action would

be contact Tech support - Link : https://my.kaspersky.com/support/requests/create

Open the link and Log in "My kaspersky" Fill up first steps and finish by typing

the problem's description & the fixes done so far >> Then send the request