ireon.samos

Rescue disk 18 manual update? missing functions.?

Hello to all. Recently discovered rescue 18 since i am so happy working with rescue 10.0.32.17 till now scanning all my windows xp, 7 and 10 for me and friends.

Working now, on Kaspersky Rescue Disk 18.0.11.0(a) with databases stamp 201812011857

1. I can not find Update databases button.???

2.Manual update, custom update from folder??? (in version 10 was using KLU updater or Kaspersky Updater 2014 to keep a copy of databases... no need for continuously update app.as also this saves bandwidth in kaspersky update servers)

3.Custom settings missing, lots from old Rescue 10 such as Heuristic scans, do not scan big archives etc...

I am happy and welcome on rescue 2018.. was needed for newer systems. Manual update is a must and its difficult to download new ISO every month.

4.Can you add rescue 10 in 2018 ISO? mean two security solutions.

thank you. keep on good work.

Screenshot_2018-12-03_13-57-23.png

Hello.

19 часов назад, ireon.samos сказал:

1. I can not find Update databases button.???

Button appears if you have outdated bases (older than 3 days), and you have an internet connection, and more actual bases are available on servers.

https://support.kaspersky.com/14241

2.Manual update, custom update from folder??? (in version 10 was using KLU updater or Kaspersky Updater 2014 to keep a copy of databases... no need for continuously update app.as also this saves bandwidth in kaspersky update servers)

This feature unavailable in KRD2018.

3.Custom settings missing, lots from old Rescue 10 such as Heuristic scans, do not scan big archives etc...

Сhanging settings is dangerous and sometimes even harmful operation. This feature unavailable in KRD2018.

4.Can you add rescue 10 in 2018 ISO? mean two security solutions.

No, KRS10 unsupported now.

Am 4.12.2018 um 09:36 schrieb Yury N.:

Button appears if you have outdated bases (older than 3 days), and you have an internet connection, and more actual bases are available on servers. 

https://support.kaspersky.com/14241

There might be some missunderstanding, so let me ask this for clarification.
If I do not have a connection, it can not check the server and thus the Rescue disk will not even tell me that I have a outdated Database?
And in order to figure out it might not be able to tell me, I have to manually look for the connectivity Symbol?

I hope I am wrong because that would be a textbook case of bad idea.

Am 4.12.2018 um 09:36 schrieb Yury N.:

This feature unavailable in KRD2018. 

This was a multipart question so I am not 100% sure, but did you really remove the "Update Now" Button? Why would you do that? Is it comming back?

Unless your Programmers for the Rescue Tool are masochistic, they need a button to force-start the Update process for debugging. Why would you hide it from the release builds?

В 05.01.2019 в 22:52, zgrssd сказал:

There might be some missunderstanding, so let me ask this for clarification.
If I do not have a connection, it can not check the server and thus the Rescue disk will not even tell me that I have a outdated Database?

If internet connection is absent that the button also appears. Bases must be older than 7 days.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.