I run KIS 2018. I've read the 2019 version has substantial improvements.

My questions are:

1-Is it true,or improvements are negligible in comparison to 2018?

2-if i just renew the licence from within my program will those improvements be eventually downloaded and applied to my 2018 KIS install?

3-is the above thing more convenient than buying a new 2019 KIS?

4-If buyin a new licence for 2019,can it really and safely be installled on top of previous 2018, or is it better to make a fresh one?

Thanks to all the good people who will clarify these points as it is my first renewal and there are  few days left.

Thank you Bernie for  your prompt reply which sheds light upon all my questions.

The only remaining thing is to find out if it's more convenient  money-wise a renew with upgrade or a possible new licence bargain offer for 2019.

It pays to shop around for the best price but make sure you're buying from an authorized seller of Kaspersky products.  Avoid vendors who offer activation codes at unbelievable prices.  Also, keep in mind that and activation code can be used for newer versions.  For example, and activation code for 2018 can be used for the 2019 version.  The rule is 3 versions forward and 1 version backward.  2017 2018 2019 2020 2021.

dh27564@,yes i'll keep in mind your recommendations. I'm not sure to have grasped what you mean with rule3-1,though:   is it you can upgrade for 3 years ahead or go to a previous  one year old version?

You currently have the 2018 version installed.  As long as you are within your license period, you can download the 2019 version and activate it with your 2018 code.  There is no additional charge for the newer version.

On 12/3/2018 at 5:57 PM, dh27564 said:

You currently have the 2018 version installed.  As long as you are within your license period, you can download the 2019 version and activate it with your 2018 code.  There is no additional charge for the newer version.

Had a surprise when I booted up my PC this morning, Kaspersky Internet Security updated itself from the installed version KIS 2018 v 18.0.0.405 (k)  to version 19.0.0.1088(c) without any intervention from me  :o

First time this has happened!!!

1 hour ago, Gniblett said:

Had a surprise when I booted up my PC this morning, Kaspersky Internet Security updated itself from the installed version KIS 2018 v 18.0.0.405 (k)  to version 19.0.0.1088(c) without any intervention from me  :o

First time this has happened!!!

The auto-upgrade feature can be toggled on-off in settings.  I believe it may be toggled ON by default.

Ahhh thank you, that would explain it. Must be something new as have never had that happen before. 

Yes,it updated by itself for me as well!  I associate myself to Gniblett @   by saying it is really a nice feature  and the process didnt interfere too much with

normal whereabouts. Now I've got 19.0.0.1088 ,too.

To turn Auto-Upgrade to the newest version ON or OFF, go to Settings -> Additional -> Update Settings,

then in the "New application versions" section choose between these 2 options:

Download and install new versions automatically - The new version of the application is downloaded automatically. Your confirmation is required to install the new version of the application. This option is selected by default.

Do not download new versions automatically and do not notify me when new versions are available - Kaspersky Internet Security does not automatically download the new version of the application and does not notify you of its availability. When you become aware of release of a new application version, you can download and install it on your own.

1 hour ago, Gjoksi said:

To turn Auto-Upgrade to the newest version ON or OFF

:unsure: Hi guys just Login and I've been following this thread & if you let Me I'd like

to state my opinion on this issue : The feature to Update - Automatically

to the New ver. of your antivirus, sounds attractive and it's been

discussed before. But even though most users have this

setting ✔ checked, not  everybody get updated

AUTO to new ver. So the preferences 

are split some users disapprove it

others No. so what would be

the best course of action

Edited by i n d i o

On 12/8/2018 at 5:53 PM, kumktator said:

Yes,it updated by itself for me as well!  I associate myself to Gniblett @   by saying it is really a nice feature  and the process didnt interfere too much with

normal whereabouts. Now I've got 19.0.0.1088 ,too.

It is certainly a very nice feature so long as the upgrades run smoothly. In the past I have been advised to uninstall the previous version before installing a new version. Am hoping that with this new system as KIS updates itself in the normal way with virus signatures and application modules, it will lay the foundations for a smooth upgrade to the next version.

The upgrade went very smoothly for me. After 12 days usage i can say there's absolutely no problem or slowdown. Perhaps because-in spite of having NVTEXERadar as well on top of SystemWatcher-which could apparently mess such an upgrade-  i run Windows 7 pro and not the dreaded Win10.

I've always made clean installs in the past of all sort of softwares,preferably,though.

Now I got an ulterior question which perhaps can be solved in this post wihout opening a new one:

I still have one month subscription -

if I now put an old image dating back to more than a year ago when i didnt run KIS (actually i had Kaspersky Free)

where should i download the 2019 version of KIS?

will my previous 2018 licence be  ok?

or should i invest Support with this little problem?

Also, plus Berny post located above,

Just to repeat something I mentioned on another recent thread. I had the auto-update clicked but was still on KIS 2017 until just over a week ago then out of the blue KIS 2019 arrived. So yes, as indio has said, it does seem to be very variable in terms of if and when the auto-update works. Quite what triggered it in my case I will probably never discover.

Apart from no green icon in the Safe Money section which is the shortcut to the Secure Keyboard KIS 2019 and a bit of an inconvenience, it works fine

mikethebike 

I have noticed that ,after upgrading to v19, my Revo uninstaller lists two Kasperskys:

Kaspersky 18  208mb

and

Kaspersky 19  286mb.

Although i can spot no malfunction whatsoever-everything is utterly ok- i am now tempted to go against the famous:

'If it works dont fix it' axiom,  as for a long practice i've always tried to keep things as simple as possible and the fact that such a huge update left

two Kasperskys in the installed programs makes me feel slightly uncomfortable.    Why?  Because there is a chance sooner or later there'll be either a 

malfunction or some sort of delay,  in spite of the Kaspersky Lab techs expertise. Perhaps not, but i would now feel better to reinstall v19  ex novo with a clean one.

This prompts a new question :

I need to renew KIS in 18 days with a nice 55% discount and i will do it now or tomorrow.

If I later use a 1 year old image to refresh my computer to a point in time when i didnt have KIS(or if i format):

1-should i use my 2018 code to reestablish the licence

2-its authomatic via the Cloud or MyKaspersky

3-a new code is given when you renew

4-better to ask Support

Thanks to anyone who sheds light about this as i wouldnt like any hassle with the licence.

Hi sorry i don't know if this is the correct place for this question. if not Mods please can you move to the correct place.

I have 37 days left on my two licences of Kaspersky Internet Security( two quantity 4 device packs) .If i renew now there is a special and it would be cheaper than buying the full disc sets that i normally do but i do not want to loose the 37 days remaining on the licences.

thank for you help.

When you choose for the Auto-Renewal Plan then the license starts on purchase date,  if not the license starts on the day that you activate the product.
Also , if you are still on KIS 2018 , please download/install KIS 2019 and reboot your system.

Ok thanks  Berny yes i am running KIS 2019 so what you are saying is that if i don't want to loose the last 37 days of my licence's i must ignore the special price on renewal and only renew after the licence 's has expired. 

22 hours ago, kumktator said:

I have noticed that ,after upgrading to v19, my Revo uninstaller lists two Kasperskys:

Kaspersky 18  208mb

and

Kaspersky 19  286mb.

Although i can spot no malfunction whatsoever-everything is utterly ok- i am now tempted to go against the famous:

'If it works dont fix it' axiom,  as for a long practice i've always tried to keep things as simple as possible and the fact that such a huge update left

two Kasperskys in the installed programs makes me feel slightly uncomfortable.    Why?  Because there is a chance sooner or later there'll be either a 

malfunction or some sort of delay,  in spite of the Kaspersky Lab techs expertise. Perhaps not, but i would now feel better to reinstall v19  ex novo with a clean one.

This prompts a new question :

I need to renew KIS in 18 days with a nice 55% discount and i will do it now or tomorrow.

If I later use a 1 year old image to refresh my computer to a point in time when i didnt have KIS(or if i format):

1-should i use my 2018 code to reestablish the licence

2-its authomatic via the Cloud or MyKaspersky

3-a new code is given when you renew

4-better to ask Support

Thanks to anyone who sheds light about this as i wouldnt like any hassle with the licence.

With regards to the first part of your question, I had the same thing happen in Windows 10 following the Automatic upgrade to KIS 2019. I noticed I had both KIS 2018 and KIS 2019 listed on the Start Menu and under Program Files (x86)  > Kaspersky lab.  However Kaspersky has sorted itself out.  I did nothing and now only have KIS 2019 listed both by Windows 10 and Revo Uninstaller, so with any luck you should find the entry for KIS 2018 will disappear too. 

I was not given a new Licence when Kaspersky Auto-renewed my subscription so I presume once you have paid your money the Licence will be validated for another year, or whatever time period you have renewed for.  The Automatic Upgrade from KIS 2018 to KIS 2019 happened after the Automatic  subscription / Licence renewal but that may just have been coincidental. 

Hope this helps.

Edited by Gniblett
correcting typos

Thank you Gniblett @,  at least now i know its a common procedure by Kaspersky (the two installs) possibly later dinminished to one only, so i dont have to worry about it.

Nonetheless, if i still ave some energy left in january,as soon as i pay the renewal and possibly receive an email confirmation, i've decided to go back one year in time with a basic image and reinstall all programs,makes me feel more secure i cancelled all the litter and as regards KIS, itìll be fresher in a quicker pc.

bestwishes for the new year to you and all those of this thread.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.