AdHocVisitor

1. Instructing 20ppl to abandon their work [split] to your own topic thread.

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 2:06 AM, richbuff said:

"Error updating component    WMUF       Update error    Update files are corrupted."

Uninstall Kaspersky > restart the computer > do a checkdisk > re install and re activate kaspersky > restart the computer > update databases > restart again

Any better? 

I would have actually "any better" by slightly modifying your instructions:

Uninstall Kaspersky > restart the computer > do a checkdisk > install and activate anything else than Kaspersky, but with with working updates > restart the computer > update databases > restart again

However, I have noticed one thing: I have the licenses for 20devices for some 200 days remaining and:

1. Instructing 20ppl to abandon their work and spend some 20-30minutes x 20 means 600minutes lost off their time, so the question remains: who will pay for the time lost?

2. What to do with the remaining, useless licenses for KIS?

Definitely, it is very disappointing that none of AV Tests are showing the exposure level because of the f...up in the reliability of the software.

Edited by AdHocVisitor

Ok, now that I split your post to your own topic thread, let's get started with:

1. Please pass your mouse cursor over the Kaspersky tray icon and tell us the full, complete name and version number of your Kaspersky product. 

2. Brief description of the error message/issue. 

Tech support was quicker, without explanation what to do, full uninstall + clean reinstall done the work (normal uninstal for some reason, even with setting to clean all data, was leaving some leftovers).

So, can be closed now...