Sign in to follow this  
ba.swht

KCS Unable to Start - Error 1069 URGENT!!!

Hello, 

we have decommissioned our DC where KSC was running. After that KSC wasn't able to start and we got this error:

Connection to Administration Server failed. Administration Server was improperly installed or invalid server address was specified. Try to specify another server address and connect again.

What I did:

1. Server reboot

2. I noticed that Kaspersky Security Center 10 Administration Server service is not running so I tried to start it manually. Without success. I got the following error and the service wasn't able to start. Error message: Error 1069: The service did not start due to a logon failure.

3. I used klrvswch utility to reset the KL-AK-xxxxxxxxxx account password... And then I changed the password under Services-> Kaspersky Security Center 10 Administration Server service -> Properties -> Log On -> Password -> I entered a new password... Also without success. I was still getting the error 1069: The service did not start due to a logon failure. And the service wasn't able to start.

4. I changed the service account under Services-> Kaspersky Security Center 10 Administration Server service -> Properties -> Log On to our domain admin account... Now I was able to start the service but I still got Connection to Administration Server failed. Administration Server was improperly installed or invalid server address was specified. Try to specify another server address and connect again error.

5. I changed the service account under Services-> Kaspersky Security Center 10 Administration Server service -> Properties -> Log On to "Local account"... I was able to start the service as before but I still got Connection to Administration Server failed. Administration Server was improperly installed or invalid server address was specified. Try to specify another server address and connect again error.

Thank you for any help.

KSC server: 10.4.343

Edited by ba.swht

Resolved.

1. I reset the password for KL-AK-* account in AD.

2. Then I used klsrvswch with KL-AK-* account and a new password.

3. I changed the log on credentials in Kaspersky Security Center 10 Administration Server service properties.

4. Start the service.

Done.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.