6p2xxs

What... did you do to my beautiful tray icon?

...did you do to my beautiful tray icon?

Just upgraded KIS to 19.0.0.1088(c) and now have a very 'unimportant' looking green icon sitting in my tray. Looks a bit cheap compared to the rest. Perhaps the next update can bring something more impressive with it?

2dqosh5.jpg

I am sure this change comes from the Marketing/PR side of the business. OUT with the beautiful red and black K that everyone knows and IN with a bland green shield with a check-mark.

This way, no one will connect the new Kaspersky with the old Kaspersky..... or at least that's what they are counting on.:rolleyes:

As long as they don't mess with the world class protection engine, I can live with that. But like you, I miss the good old in your face K.:)

Could be that if the GCHQ snoops around on my computers they miss it :rolleyes: But thanks to Kaspersky protection they won't even make it on my machines. :P

A few years ago, it was mentioned that there will be different tray icons for different Kaspersky products, so tech support can tell from a screenshot what product the person has.

More recently it was mentioned that the new tray icon conforms to Windows 10 some sort of requirements. 

The Russian Fan Club forum has a posting for manually replacing the icon with old file, but the link and instructions are not with me at the moment. 

I thought about changing it with res hacker but haven't decided yet if its important enough for me ;)

Same with me with the green umbrella and the loud, screeching pig squeal detection sound. I used to change files to bring them back, but higher callings confront me. :)

In the words of Obi-Wan or Dr. Spock or maybe it was John Lennon:

Resistance is futile my friend!B)

This is why we need something like this

howabout.jpg

Edited by vBDKv

On 11/28/2018 at 11:42 AM, AvalonP said:

In the words of Obi-Wan or Dr. Spock or maybe it was John Lennon:

Resistance is futile my friend!B)

The Borg - "We will assimilate you.  Resistance is futile."