vincenzo.bonomo

KSC Agent lost connection to server after backup

Everytime the task "backup of Administration server data" runs, two agent configured as gateway lost their connection with the administration server.

If I run the klcsngtgui and try sending an heartbeat I get the error "#1184 Access is blocked". The only way to make them working again is to restart the agent service on the two affected machines or the administration server service on the Kaspersky server.

The problem doesn't happen with other workstations in which the agent is not configure as gateway. 

This is the klnagchk. I can't see anything unusual and it's not a firewall/port problem because if I restart the service agent it works. 

Starting utility 'klnagchk'...
Checking command line options...OK
Initializing basic libraries...OK
Current device is 'workstation name'
Network Agent version is '10.5.1781'

Reading the settings...OK
Settings verification...OK
Network Agent settings:
  Administration Server address: 'server address'
  Use SSL: 1
  Compress traffic: 0
  Numbers of the Administration Server SSL ports: '13000'
  Numbers of the Administration Server ports: '14000'
  Use proxy server: 0
  Administration Server certificate: available
  Open UDP port: 1
  Numbers of UDP ports: '15000'

Synchronization interval (min): 1
  Connection timeout (sec): 30
  Send/receive timeout (sec): 180
  Device ID: ce832eab-eee6-48f8-9240-23cc6424fd23
  This device is active update agent
  This device is a connection gateway
  SSL port: 13000
  Listening port: 14000

Attempting to connect to Administration Server...OK

Attempt to connect to the Network Agent...OK
Network Agent is running
Receiving the Network Agent statistical data...OK
  Network Agent statistical data:
  Total number of synchronization requests: 1050
  The number of successful synchronization requests: 811
  Total number of synchronizations: 0
  The number of successful synchronizations: 0
  Date/time of the last request for synchronization:15/11/2018 04:30:14 GMT (15/
11/2018 04:30:14)

Deinitializing basic libraries...OK

2 hours ago, Konstantin Antonov said:

Could you please provide full GSI report with event logs from the problem host.

Thank you!

PM sent to KLCentralSupport

15 hours ago, Konstantin Antonov said:

Hi,

Could you please collect nagent traces and KSC traces in moment when the problem appear.

Thank you!

PM sent. I restored the connection restarting the agent, start collecting traces and then run the backup to break the connection again and sent you all the traces

Hi,

Backup task stops admin server service during backup process. Once the backup is complete, admin server service starts back and connection should be restored instantly or in 15minutes(syncronization period).

While admin server service is stopped admin server is not accessable for network agents of any kind(gateway, update agent or regular).

Could you please confirm that connection of gateway is not restored in 15-20 minutes, after admin server service is running?

Please provide us with GSI report from gateway host as well.

Thank you!

29 minutes ago, Nikolay Arinchev said:

Hi,

Backup task stops admin server service during backup process. Once the backup is complete, admin server service starts back and connection should be restored instantly or in 15minutes(syncronization period).

While admin server service is stopped admin server is not accessable for network agents of any kind(gateway, update agent or regular).

Could you please confirm that connection of gateway is not restored in 15-20 minutes, after admin server service is running?

Please provide us with GSI report from gateway host as well.

Thank you!

Yes, my main problem is that the connection is restored for all the agents except the two gateway ones. I've already provided GSI report to KLCentralSupport from the affected machine

Yes, we recieved that GSI log. It was collected at admin server. For further investigation we need a GSI log from one of gatewat hosts.

Thank you!

59 minutes ago, Nikolay Arinchev said:

Yes, we recieved that GSI log. It was collected at admin server. For further investigation we need a GSI log from one of gatewat hosts.

Thank you!

So you need GSI to one of the pcs connected to the gateway agent? At the moment I provided GSI from the server where the network agent is installed with gateway option enabled

Цитата

I sent you GSI from a machine that connects to Kaspersky server via the gateway agent installed in another server

Unfortunately, that GSI log is from admin server host.

38 minutes ago, Nikolay Arinchev said:

Unfortunately, that GSI log is from admin server host.

So my configuration is: 

- 1 Server with Kaspersky administration server installed and SQL Server on the same machine

- 1 server with Kaspersky Endpoint security installed and network agent configured as gateway

- 1 server with Kaspersky Endpoint security installed and network agent that is connecting to Kaspersky server (first server) using the second one as gateway

I took GSI from the last 2 servers

On 11/16/2018 at 11:24 PM, Konstantin Antonov said:

We need new traces collected with that scenario:

1) Enable KSC server traces https://support.kaspersky.com/9323
2) Run Backup task at KSC
3) Make sure, that backup task is completed, admin server service is running and KSC works correctly
4) Wait a period of heartbeat. The problem should be reproduced.

Thank you!

I sent the traces