dkamp

KES11 and Windows 10 1803 Firewall

Most of our new Windows 10 (1803) using KES 11.0.0.6499 give a warning message of:

Firewall & Network Protection. Actions needed in Kaspersky EndPoint Security for Windows. Open Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows.

We are using Windows Firewall not KES. Everything appears to be OK, but Windows 10 Thinks the Firewall is off.

In Windows Firewall each item (Domain, Private, Public) state that Open Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows, to fix the issue.

David

I uninstalled KES and the Agent. The error condition went away. I restarted a few times and all looked good.

I installed KES 11.0.0.6499 and Agent 10.5.1781 After a restart the same error condition returned.

It is as if Microsoft OS is Not aware that Kaspersky is doing the AV protection.

image.png.7d42f256c5226491069a2bd91c92fbce.png

2 часа назад, dkamp сказал:

Please increase the Size allowed to upload the GSI file, or provide an FTP site to upload.

David

Hello!

You can upload it to a any file-sharing resource.

Thank you!

12 минут назад, dkamp сказал:

Our company firewall will not allow us to file sharing sites.

In this way you can pack it tot the archive and split it to 2 or 3 volumes

I have the same issue on 1803 with firewall state reporting when KES firewall is turned off and MS one working -- in case you need alternate GSIs.

55 minutes ago, dkamp said:

I do not have RS5. 

Most of our devices have Windows 10 1803 or 10.0.17134

David

During the investigation, Microsoft has acknowledged this issue to be an MS error, this is why an MS update is advised as the fix.

Thank you.

My understanding is that RS5 is still Beta.

Can you point me to a MS patch ?

Can i assume that Windows 10 1809 also has the issue? or did it get fixed?

David

1 hour ago, dkamp said:

My understanding is that RS5 is still Beta.

Can you point me to a MS patch ?

Can i assume that Windows 10 1809 also has the issue? or did it get fixed?

David

Unfortunately, since the work is being done on MS side, we haven't been able to do much tracing on the progress, and there is no public discussion of it. This is how their intention was stated:

We have taken some feedback into consideration and will be changing this behavior in RS5. In RS5, we will only show 3rd party products on the main page if they’re ON. If they’re installed but OFF, then we’ve introduced a new page where users can still find these products. Unfortunately, this new page and behavior is only available in RS5 and unlikely won’t be serviceable.

You can address MS support on the matter, or create an incident in CompanyAccount if you need any specific details about this case.

Thank you.