Sign in to follow this  
megaali3000

Consoles need their services to be restarted

Good day everyone;

we have 48 kaspersky security center consoles and from time to time, whenever we open a console it says it can't connect to console, so we have to restart the "kaspersky administration server" service so they will be fixed. the operating systems are Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows Server 2016. we tried the "Administration Server Account Switch Utility" tool to a local user with admin rights and member of KLAdmin group, but they still have problem.

has anyone encountered this problem.

Thanks in regard.

Hi,

Could you please clarify what version of KSC and consoles do you use?

Please provide us with GSI report from admin server host.

Thank you!

Thanks for reply,

The version of KSC is 10.5.1781

unfortunately our supervisors don't let us share the GSI report since this a security organization, sorry.

is there any other information I can provide?

Edited by megaali3000

To resolve the problem try following steps.

- On the computer with the Administration Server installed run netstat to check if the Administration Server really listens to TCP port <port>.

netstat -a -o -n -p TCP

Name of the Administration Server process is "klserver.exe". If the Administration Server failed to open port 13291 the Kaspersky Eventlog in CSV or XML format from the computer with the Administration Server installed is required.

- On the Administration Console host try to ping the <address_or_name> with ping utility and see which ip address the utility shows. Then on the computer with the Administration Server installed run ipconfig utility and make sure that returned ip address is equal to one the ping utility has returned on the problem workstation.

- On the problem Administration Console host try to connect to the Administration Server with the akconnect utility:

akconnect <address_or_name> <port>

Please inform us about resut.

Thank you!

Hello,

All of the servers are connected to a KSC master server:

17 hours ago, Nikolay Arinchev said:

- On the computer with the Administration Server installed run netstat to check if the Administration Server really listens to TCP port <port>.

netstat -a -o -n -p TCP

I ran the tool and in front of <master_server_ip>:13000 wrote "TIME_WAIT"

but I could easily telnet to the master server with port 13000

one thing I notice was there was a event on the slave server which is: "Failed to connect to master administration server. #1184 Limit of connections for main server is exceeded".

Thanks for response.

This is a problem with our consol 

Failed to connect to master Administration Server.
#1282 Error in socket operation. Operation timed out. Location 

These logs are for viewing

log.rar

Hello. 

Could you please provide GSI report from Kasperksy Security Center ?

Was there any modifications made to KSC or network environment recently ?

51 minutes ago, Evgeny_E said:

Hello. 

Could you please provide GSI report from Kasperksy Security Center ?

Was there any modifications made to KSC or network environment recently ?

unfortunately our supervisors don't let us share the GSI report since this a security organization, sorry.

We did not change in the network either

Edited by hadi1595200

1 час назад, hadi1595200 сказал:

We did not change in the network either

Hello!

So, if you have some security restrictions, please create an incident to your company account.

Thank you!

On 11/13/2018 at 9:40 AM, megaali3000 said:

Hello,

All of the servers are connected to a KSC master server:

I ran the tool and in front of <master_server_ip>:13000 wrote "TIME_WAIT"

but I could easily telnet to the master server with port 13000

one thing I notice was there was a event on the slave server which is: "Failed to connect to master administration server. #1184 Limit of connections for main server is exceeded".

Thanks for response.

Hello,

has anyone found any possible solution for my problem?

Hello. 

We would need System, Kaspersky event log, and Application system journals from KSC server, those that you have submitted does not have any resent data, newest events are from the 28 of October 2018. They are not represent current server state.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.