Hi,

I just installed Malwarebytes with my Kaspersky Total security. I see different contradiction and much info. I just whant to know if there is no risk if i woud take a subscription like premium member, with real time protection and the same time with Total security? I woud like to use both to have the most security, because i need my pc to work with.

Thanks for the help!

This question has been asked here many times before. IMO, you don't need Malwarebytes at all. If you use KIS/KTS (properly tweaked with Trusted Application Manager enabled), Malwarebytes is redundant. 

Welcome @swoop01

In my opinion, you can keep Malwarebytes installed but without real time protection active. In other words, you can use it to scan whenever you want, no more.

18 hours ago, swoop01 said:

Hi,

I just installed Malwarebytes with my Kaspersky Total security. I see different contradiction and much info. I just whant to know if there is no risk if i woud take a subscription like premium member, with real time protection and the same time with Total security? I woud like to use both to have the most security, because i need my pc to work with.

Thanks for the help!

In Kaspersky 2019 at least, there is this limitation listed.

Quote----------

Limitations of the Kaspersky Protection extension in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox

The Kaspersky Protection extension does not operate in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox if there is Malwarebytes for Windows installed on your computer.

It doesn't specify whether that's an issue if real time protection is disabled in MalwareBytes, but just for info.  :unsure:

Edited by Fenderman1

1 hour ago, Fenderman1 said:

The Kaspersky Protection extension does not operate in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox if there is Malwarebytes for Windows installed on your computer.

With real-time protection disabled, I assure you that everything works without problems. Does not conflict with the Kaspersky Protection extension if Malwarebytes is not active.

Thanks, 'The Shield'.  I also had this question. 

It is frustrating when the documentation is not matching the reality because of ...some unknown reason:

• Kaspersky is being very conservative, and doesn't want to make a promise in case they can't keep it; 
  • Kaspersky doesn't want users to become accustomed to using third-party products that compete with (some of) their own product's functionality; 
  • Kaspersky figures that people reading the documentation may be confused, rather than assisted, if 'too many details' were provided. 

Pick one, or suggest another reason....  [rhetorical-ish]

There is also a long discussion of this issue in the Spanish forum, including a link to the Malwarebytes forum, and some discussion of 'optionally' setting up some exclusions.  It was also pointed out that there is a free version and a 'premium' version for Home use, not to mention the various options for Business use, which (in principle) could behave differently from one another. 

—DIV

P.S. The tenor of the documentation cited (in good faith) by Fenderman1 is reminiscent of some of the points made in topic 402499.

Edited by DIVERSE
Extra info.

I use the MBAM Premium version along with KIS19 both in real-time.  I have them mutually excluded.  No issues here.  Occasionally, one will pick up something that the other misses.  Others experiences may be different than mine.

Also,

Original Posters question has been answered, so Kaspersky and Mbam thread #510 204.08 is amicably closed. :)