DW

Windows Update Synchronisation task stops at 23%

Hi,

Our 'Perform Windows Update synchronization' task always stops at 23%. No errors given it just stays "running" at 23% for days.

I've already upgraded to the latest KES (11.0.0.6499) and Network Agent (10.5.1781) but it still fails.

Any thoughts on resolving this?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

1 час назад, DW сказал:

Hi,

Our 'Perform Windows Update synchronization' task always stops at 23%. No errors given it just stays "running" at 23% for days.

I've already upgraded to the latest KES (11.0.0.6499) and Network Agent (10.5.1781) but it still fails.

Hello!

Please specify the version of KSC and attach the export of task results.

Thank you!

1 час назад, DW сказал:

Hi,

Our KSC version is 10.5.1781.

WUS.klt

Please try to disable option "Download express installation files" in task properties.

Thank you!

What will be the consequences by diabling this option?

Does this mean that the updates will take more diskspace?

41 минуту назад, DW сказал:

What will be the consequences by diabling this option?

Does this mean that the updates will take more diskspace?

The way is to run this task successfully with this option disabled and then enable it back.

If the disc space is critical please provide us with GSI from KSC server and export of task results (in previous answer you attached an export of the task, but not of results)

Thank you!

Hi,

I've disabled trhe option "Download express installation files" in task properties and ran the task again.

After 6 days it is still stuck at 23%.

I will send you a link tot the GSI report

Konstantin,

I got a mail that the GSI isn't dowloaded yet and only available for 2 days.

On 11/9/2018 at 10:06 AM, DW said:

Hi,

Hello.

Most commonly, this issue is caused by too large a request to Microsoft servers.

To find out the culprit (the item which causes the task to hang), please test out the Download Windows update task with minimum (only English, only Windows 7 etc) or default settings, and let us know the result.

Thank you.

Same resutl, I've created a new task with only Windows 7 patches.

When I start it, it goes to 23% and it stays there.

Hello. 

Check if removing "Download express installation files" option can affect issue reproduction.

Launch "Find vulnerabilities" task, wait until task finishes and then run Perform Windows update synchronization.