Jump to content
ForYouAreCrunchy

Device Has Gone Out of Control After Upgrade to KSC10.5.1781

Recommended Posts

Same issue here, happened after updating KSC to v10 SP3 (previous version was KSC SP2 MR 1 with patch b )

KSC 10.5.1781

networkagent 10.5.1781

KES 10.3.6294

Edited by rcrommentuijn

Share this post


Link to post
1 час назад, rcrommentuijn сказал:

the issue is, that when the computer is active again the problem disappears. So i'm not sure how to capture the problem.

Hello!

There is no need to capture the problem, just need to collect the full GSI log.

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post

Hi, 

I have the same problem, after upgrade I have got most of devices out of control.

I tried  to follow the seteps that mentioned in this topic but i get the same result, device out of control after nearly 30 to 45 munits.

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, Dmitry Parshutin said:

Hello!

There is no need to capture the problem, just need to collect the full GSI log.

Thank you!

GSI is running, where can I upload it. Or would it be better to create an incident in company account and share the number here?

Share this post


Link to post

Hello!

Both option are OK. You can either upload the report to any file sharing resource and provide us the link or you can also upload it in the incident. 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post

the device status was probably turned on after the update in KSC

KSC, then right click on managed devices --> Devie status --> device status set status to criticall if:  device gone out of control

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/15/2018 at 2:18 PM, rcrommentuijn said:

the device status was probably turned on after the update in KSC

KSC, then right click on managed devices --> Devie status --> device status set status to criticall if:  device gone out of control

 

But if you disable this notification, you don't know when the PC is really out of control.

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, -=| LPT |=- said:

But if you disable this notification, you don't know when the PC is really out of control.

I agree, but it was not working with the option on. The devices that reported this, were shut down.

(this was offered from the incident)

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/1/2018 at 4:13 AM, ForYouAreCrunchy said:

So is there an answer to this?

Try this>> on the KSC server configuration setting is the "open non-SSL server port"<>"enabled" maybe it is disabled by default on this version?

Transport Level "certificate" could be an issue to.

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/1/2018 at 8:25 PM, kojo+oi said:

Try this>> on the KSC server configuration setting is the "open non-SSL server port"<>"enabled" maybe it is disabled by default on this version?

Transport Level "certificate" could be an issue to.

It's enabled in my current version and has been since the issue started.

I just did this:

On 11/15/2018 at 7:18 AM, rcrommentuijn said:

the device status was probably turned on after the update in KSC

KSC, then right click on managed devices --> Devie status --> device status set status to criticall if:  device gone out of control

 

Not at ALL a fix, but I cannot tolerate another day of 50% of my devices having a critical status.

Share this post


Link to post

same problems with me I have following this topic and followed the instructions and still have this issue till now.

 

the most of devices get critical out of control nearly after 30 minutes of the shutdown.   

Edited by ZedanG

Share this post


Link to post

This is obviously affecting more people than just me. It seems like we have a bug on our hands. How can we report it?

Edited by ForYouAreCrunchy

Share this post


Link to post

Dear Support,

Same issue is happening with me, after installation of KSC 10.5, more than 300+ devices have gone out of control. When troubleshooted 12-14 of these affected systems, it was observed Network agent services was not running on all of these affected devices, although the startup type is Automatic (Delayed). Kindly tell that whether its a known bug as i have followed this post and have seen many users facing this issue. Thanks. Waiting for your response team.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Just curious: are network agents crashing (i.e. are there [fresh] dumps in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\NetworkAgent\~dumps\" present)? Or are they "just" not running?

Some years ago I ran into a situation where service was crashing massively and then unable to restart as it was busy writing its dump file at the moment of restart attempt. Since then I make sure KSC Network Agent has "Restart service after 3 minutes" set instead of default "0"; it has helped a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, aehrlich said:

Just curious: are network agents crashing (i.e. are there [fresh] dumps in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\NetworkAgent\~dumps\" present)? Or are they "just" not running?

Some years ago I ran into a situation where service was crashing massively and then unable to restart as it was busy writing its dump file at the moment of restart attempt. Since then I make sure KSC Network Agent has "Restart service after 3 minutes" set instead of default "0"; it has helped a lot.

Hi aehrlich,

 

Thanks for the response. While it has been observed that these devices' Network Agent Services are not running despite startup type is (Automatic Delayed), when i try to start this service with Administrator rights, the Net agent starts working properly and in KSC the status becomes completely normal. (I mentioned administrator rights because Standard users cant stop or start Net agent services). There is no error while starting net agent services, but the question is that why its not auto starting and why is it stopped. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/11/2018 at 7:15 AM, HD said:

Dear Support,

Same issue is happening with me, after installation of KSC 10.5, more than 300+ devices have gone out of control. When troubleshooted 12-14 of these affected systems, it was observed Network agent services was not running on all of these affected devices, although the startup type is Automatic (Delayed). Kindly tell that whether its a known bug as i have followed this post and have seen many users facing this issue. Thanks. Waiting for your response team.

 

 

Same problem here: more than 300+ devices have gone out of control. I had opened a ticket with the support 2 months ago and the problem isn't fixed.

Share this post


Link to post

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.