AdrianDrob

Find vulnerability and required updates task error 0x80072EE2

Hello,

I'm having this error every time I use the task to find vulnerabilities and required updates with the option "Connect to updates server to update data". This means that I don't see the Windows Updates and so no vulnerabilities related to them to fix. I can see Windows Updates only if I run check for updates manually from Windows on each workstation.

I'am using the Administration Server as WSUS server, if this can help.

KSC 10 version: 10.5.1781 on Windows Server 2008 R2

Network Agent version: 10.5.1.1781

KES 11 version : 11.0.0.6499 on Windows 10

Thanks in advance!

Error 0x80072EE2.PNG

I have sent a private message to you containing a link where you can download the GSI Reports.

Thanks for your help!

According to GSI there are lots of errors like "An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk6\DR28 during a paging operation." (System eventlog)

Please make sure, that HDD works properly before we continue.

Thank you!

I have sent a private message to you containing a link where you can download the new GSI Reports. And here you have also a screen with the error that reoccurs.

Thanks for your patience!

Error 0x80072EE2_1.PNG

Hello. 

Could you please send a link to @KLCentralSupport, so all KL Russia members can access it ? Post a link to this thread in a message too. 

Also please describe your network setup, how KSC is connecting to internet ? What settings are used for Patch management  ?

Hi Evgeny_E

I've send the link also to  @KLCentralSupport.

KSC is connecting directly to internet without PROXY. 

I'am using the Administration Server as  WSUS  server, Windows Update search mode is set to Active.

The Find vulnerabilities and required update task is set to use data from Windows Update service connecting to update server and also from Kaspersky Lab as you can see on attachment files.

image.png

image.png

When was "Download updates to the repositiry" and "Perform Windows update syncronization" task perfromed last time ? 

Can we this tasks settings and results ?

"Download updates to the repository" runs every 3 hours:

image.png.6f58536a88194cae9fcc63c860e9d026.png

image.png.6098763280fa22b49a4cd9b18c52b334.png

image.png.92d808a9449830acf8b50986c07fb4b3.png

image.png.88d94ebd5ed706cd5618bca86f301f84.png

"Perform Windows update synchronization" runs once at day at midnight:

image.png.6f1c8ee3fcd334583831b922eec3bcb2.png

image.png.b227042327dff09879d3543171b31a21.png

image.png.30cc2f16e4cea386f3539d55bd980029.png

image.png.3c1a73d2d5c7f727c28ad798497086f8.png

image.png.0fab01b78015f0dedf61807a172bfd54.png

image.png.1bd85ff61cd34eed949882ab03b4326c.png

Edited by AdrianDrob

Try limiting number of Windows versions in patch management task to only those that is used in your environment.

I'am having workstations only with Windows 10 Pro 1709 and 1803 as SO. There are so many versions, which of them do you think I should use, I'm interested only in Windows Updates, no drivers and other testing things.

You should leave only this options enabled in "Perform Windows synchronization" task, and check for any errors in patch management tasks.

Ok then, but I think that the problem isn't these tasks. It seems to be between Kaspersky Network agent and Windows Updater agent, because if I search updates from a workstation using: 

image.png.6fc51c6ba04f90cc60f4e38f5bfa231b.png

It founds updates and will install them, and I can see it if I run the "Find vulnerabilities and required updates" showing installed updates after on that machine

image.thumb.png.c231d5f883e23b630a2a33b924882282.png this is from KSC

image.png.bea18a2a859bcfe1b4e3d2498c1dab0a.png this from workstation

Now I know that Micorosoft released October security patches but if I check updates using the task no updates are found and the task ends with that warning in the first post.

Also if i check between software updates in advanced options I can see those updates as available

image.png.4d5ad108d78423f6f04ed955f537e91d.png

The question is, why on this workstation using the task to search updates and vulnerabilities gives me that error and no Windows Updates? 

How does it works, I think that should search updates from WSUS that is the administration server it self, what configurations I missed?

Please help! 

Posted (edited)

Hello,

I opened an incident: INC000009720022 and with the help on Kaspersky's support engineers and developers we found what was the problem.
When my company passed to Windows 10 on all our hosts on Windows updates settings we set as following:
-feature updates be installed on 60 days
-quality updates be installed 15 days
-moved on Semi Annual Channel

Those settings were the cause of the error 0x80072EE2 so changed tough GPO the following registery keys as following:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\UX\Settings\DeferFeatureUpdatesPeriodInDays = 0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\UX\Settings\DeferQualityUpdatesPeriodInDays = 0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\UX\Settings\BranchReadinessLevel = 16
and that's it, now we are able to see and install Windows updates tough KSC WSUS.

Thanks for your support.

I think this can be marked as solved.

Edited by AdrianDrob

1 час назад, AdrianDrob сказал:

Hello,

I opened an incident: INC000009720022 and with the help on Kaspersky's support engineers and developers we found what was the problem.
When my company passed to Windows 10 on all our hosts on Windows updates settings we set as following:
-feature updates be installed on 60 days
-quality updates be installed 15 days
-moved on Semi Annual Channel

Those settings were the cause of the error 0x80072EE2 so changed tough GPO the following registery keys as following:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\UX\Settings\DeferFeatureUpdatesPeriodInDays = 0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\UX\Settings\DeferQualityUpdatesPeriodInDays = 0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\UX\Settings\BranchReadinessLevel = 16
and that's it, now we are able to see and install Windows updates tough KSC WSUS.

Thanks for your support.

I think this can be marked as solved.

Hello!

Thank you for this info.

Marked as solved.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.