sonofanarchy

Not able to visit a lot of HTTPS websites ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE [merged]

6 hours ago, Alan Ngo said:

So I cannot access facebook as well...

We have paid for them for what ?

Buggy Software, IMO Kaspersky jumped the gun on the release of KIS/KTS 2019.

Edit// Merged. Three things to do while this topic temporarily is in flood stop mode: 

1. Please follow the instructions that are already posted in this topic thread.

2. Please try un and re install Kaspersky.

3. Please contact Tech Support. 

Edited by richbuff
Merged.

Some website does not open and gives an error message shown in screenshot.

Error message "ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE"

KASPERSKY 2019 PROBLEM.jpg

A couple of days ago  I couldn't get into my google emails - secure connection failed.  Initially I tried lots of things with Firefox but eventually overcame the problem by adding 'mail.google'  to the KIS exclusions in encrypted connection settings.  Anyone know why this is suddenly necessary and wasn't a few days ago?

KIS version 19.0.0.1088(c)

49 minutes ago, Bluesie said:

A couple of days ago  I couldn't get into my google emails - secure connection failed.  Initially I tried lots of things with Firefox but eventually overcame the problem by adding 'mail.google'  to the KIS exclusions in encrypted connection settings.  Anyone know why this is suddenly necessary and wasn't a few days ago?

KIS version 19.0.0.1088(c)

Disable 'scan network connections'

1 hour ago, Bluesie said:

Anyone know why this is suddenly necessary and wasn't a few days ago?

It's a known bug with the site that use TLS 1.3. We have to wait for the release of the new patch (D).

Hi,

My Kaspersky  Anti-Virus just updated to version 19.0.0.1088.

This new version seem to break all websites that use SSL on Chrome and Firefox. (on Edge it works properly, however sometimes a notification warning is given)

Note: This can be a whole website, or it can be websites that embed images with https from other domains.

One workaround I found is to add the website to the exclusion list, however this is a tedious process and makes the pc vulnerable since websites should not be trusted by default just to show them.

Anyway, I suggest to roll back this update, since it's clearly not properly implemented (e.g break FireFox and Chrome, but not Edge).

Welcome fokup, it's a known bug with the site that use TLS 1.3 (Firefox and Chrome).
We have to wait for the release of the new patch (D).

Temporary solution: (1) use Edge or (2) Settings > Additional > Network > "Do not scan encrypted connections".
Reference topic: https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?/topic/402104-not-able-to-visit-a-lot-of-https-websites-err_ssl_version_interference-merged

13 hours ago, The Shield said:

Hi SloppyMcFloppy, no official date for the moment...

Are they working on it? 

Edit// Merged. Three things to do while this topic temporarily is in flood stop mode: 

1. Please follow the instructions that are already posted in this topic thread.

2. Please try un and re install Kaspersky.

3. Please contact Tech Support. 

Edited by richbuff
Merged. Please stop flood.

KIS 19(C) on Win 8.1. Received database update this morning from KIS that was larger than normal prompting a restart. Updated to Chrome 70 and the problem (for now) has gone away. Don't know if it was the larger than normal KIS update or the Chrome 70 update (or both) that fixed it. 

Impossible to tell if it will help other users but at least for me it seems to be working. Will update this post if the problem reappears.

Hi again there,

I've kept the Gmail window in my Chrome browser open since yesterday to see if at any time it would work. And all of the sudden, 10 minutes ago I realized it had self-reloaded and was back in the log-in screen.

So, for some reason, I'm able to use Gmail back in Chrome. And the strangest thing of them all is that Kaspersky apparently hasn't updated (still on bundle  19.0.0.1088(c)), nor Chrome has...

Any other users experiencing this new situation?

Edited by ManoloAB

Has your Chrome uploaded to version 70? This  update was yesterday. If it has updated sometime between then and now then this may or may not  be relevant. I cannot say as I did not have this problem anyway 

mikethebike

As per title, I can't access lot of websites like Facebook, Gmail etc while kaspersky Free is turning on in my Firefox. My Kaspersky Free version is 19.0.0.1088(c)