Shaul B

Can you set a time limit across all devices?

I have several computers at home. I'm not particular about which ones my kids use, but I do want to limit their time usage per week.

Is there any way to set the maximum time usage across all devices?

Is there anyone from Kaspersky monitoring these forums?

Even a simple "No, you can't do that" would be nice...

Thank you for your response.

This is disappointing. I need this feature badly enough that I will probably start looking for competing products that do have it, in addition to the ability to limit access by week or by month.

Also missing is the ability to grant extra time temporarily. For example, if my kids is working on a school project and his time runs out, I want to be able to grant him another half an hour. Right now the only way to do this is to pause KSK for those 30 minutes, which removes all protection, and that is definitely not acceptable. I saw that my child had a link to request more time, but even after he pushed it, the request never reached me - not by email, and not on my phone app, so it appears that the feature is not properly implemented.

Is there any plan to add these features?

20 minutes ago, Shaul B said:

in addition to the ability to limit access by week or by month

You can try to set the schedule for this.

22 minutes ago, Shaul B said:

Also missing is the ability to grant extra time temporarily. For example, if my kids is working on a school project and his time runs out, I want to be able to grant him another half an hour. Right now the only way to do this is to pause KSK for those 30 minutes, which removes all protection, and that is definitely not acceptable. I saw that my child had a link to request more time, but even after he pushed it, the request never reached me - not by email, and not on my phone app, so it appears that the feature is not properly implemented.

This feature is implemented: in the main application window, your child can click Request more time to request additional computer time. The requests are displayed on My Kaspersky and on your smartphone or tablet with Kaspersky Safe Kids installed.
If it doesn't work for you, please contact Technical Support.

I also need this functionality.

Kid have PC, tablet and phone and it is very annoying that you can't set time limit across all devices.

I would like set 2 hours and the kids chooses himself on which device to spend time

I third this request!  My oldest has a tablet and an iPhone and I want to limit time regardless of what device he is using.  I did a trial of Bitdefender and they offered this functionality but it did not work on a Freetime account whereas Kaspersky does. I am torn as this is a VERY important feature!

Hello,

it is known suggestion (2840390). Thanks.

Unfortunately we have no information about its implementation.

Am 19.10.2018 um 09:17 schrieb limmes:

I also need this functionality.

+1

Let's hope we will soon get it. I'm desperately waiting for it.

Am 14.1.2019 um 08:42 schrieb Mefodys:

Hello,

it is known suggestion (2840390). Thanks.

Unfortunately we have no information about its implementation.

... and here is another case number referring to this suggestion: 2840440. It has been suggested many times, so why does it take so long to implement this feature? Has KL abandoned Kaspersky Safe Kids?

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Frederico Maia:

I want too. :-) 

I think it would be a good idea to contact support. The more requests they get, the sooner this option will be implemented.

4 hours ago, Buddel said:

I think it would be a good idea to contact support. The more requests they get, the sooner this option will be implemented.

It would be fantastic! I have three computers with my child's user account. I want him to use two hours at the most. With this limitation to make the configuration of time usage independent of the pc, it can only use a single machine. Windows 10 Microsoft Safekids allows you to choose whether you want time sharing between machines. At this point Microsoft came out ahead.
Another problem of the kasperky safekids is the obligation of choosing the time limitation with the scheduling, or one or the other. I can not set up to use 2 hours during the day, but only between the hours of 8am to 12am and 4pm and 6pm.
The request seems to me already done.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Frederico Maia:

The request seems to me already done.

Yes, this request has been made more than once already. However, if only two or three people request this feature, we may never see it. If, however, twenty or thirty people request it, it may soon be implemented. So I still think it is a good idea to get in touch with KL support.

Edited by Buddel

23 minutes ago, Buddel said:

Yes, this request has been made more than once already. However, if only two or three people request this feature, we may never see it. If, however, twenty or thirty people request it, it may soon be implemented. So I still think it is a good idea to get in touch with KL support.

Really. I did it.

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Frederico Maia:

Really. I did it.

Thank you.:)

Same thing here, and also requested to KL support ... which replies that my request is recorded in suggestion n°2840390 without anymore delay about its implementation !

But, I also noticed in this forum post 

that the other request to be able to combine (use at the same time) the daily time limit (number of hours / day) AND the daily planning (time slots / day), is also recorded in suggestion n°2840390.

So I imagine that all the requests talking about the Safe Kids time management are recorded in suggestion n°2840390 !

Hope that it does not contain too much requests like these ... ?

Does anyone know if there is a way to have a (even small) eye on all recorded suggestions for Safe Kids ?

Edited on Feb 05 2019, 4:41:28 PM :

I have just received another repply from KL support telling that my request about "displaying the remaining time to child on Android device" is registered in suggestion #2610927

So not the same ...

Edited by ParenTyit
new information from KL support

Le 16/10/2018 à 08:26, Shaul B a dit :

I agree with all request but for now I look for other product with these features 

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.