MKT

KAS for Windows Server 10.1 massive load increase

Hi everyone,

maybe I´m overlooking something obvious, but last week I updates around 50VMs (Server 2012 and 2016) from Version 10.0.0.486 to 10.1.0.622 and migrated the policy.

Now from what I see I would say there is a massive increase of CPU usage, the whole infrastructure has a CPU load 30-40% higher than before. The installation doesn´t require the server to be rebooted, although that already helped to lower the CPU usage by around 5-10%.

But still I´m not happy with the updated version consuming ~30% more CPU for doing exactly the same thing. Is that normal behaviour or am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to find out what module of KAV is consuming that much resources?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

MKT

Hi,

I´ve submitted a CompanyAccount Request. I will inform about the results.

Just wanted to know if others did this update without any issues...?

19 часов назад, MKT сказал:

But still I´m not happy with the updated version consuming ~30% more CPU for doing exactly the same thing. Is that normal behaviour or am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to find out what module of KAV is consuming that much resources?

Hello,

I think we have found the reason for performance problems, that hindered the normal server functioning. The fix for this is included in the Core9 patch - please request it via the Company Account. In a week or two it will be available via a KB article, but for now please request it from our Support.

Is this specifically for MKT's issue or could this possibly fix CPU usage issues on all Windows Servers since they've upgraded to 10.1?

I'm asking because I also have several servers where K4WS suddenly uses 40-70% CPU since the upgrade.

I installed https://support.kaspersky.com/14306 on some of the affected machines and it seems to help, load drops significantly after installation.

So how could I deploy that patch by KSC and ensure that it´s installed anywhere...? Basically that should happen automatically through the module update task or am I wrong?

OK, found that out and the load dropped basically everywhere.

Would have been nice to receive this update also via automatic module updates though

22 часа назад, MKT сказал:

OK, found that out and the load dropped basically everywhere.

You're talking about the 14306 patch from the KB article? (aka Core1)  You didn't request the latest patch from our Support Team?

If so then installing Core9 should help even more.

В ‎14‎.‎08‎.‎2018 в 16:04, Michel-B сказал:

Is this specifically for MKT's issue or could this possibly fix CPU usage issues on all Windows Servers since they've upgraded to 10.1?

I'm asking because I also have several servers where K4WS suddenly uses 40-70% CPU since the upgrade.

Since the launch of 10.1 we've pinpointed several problems we've overlooked during testing, all of them now addressed in the latest Core patch (Core9). As soon as we can we're going to upload this new patch to the KB 14306 article, replacing the old one aka Core1.

So, answering your question - it could possibly fix CPU usage issues on all Windows Servers. Using the Core9 patch is a must for 10.1, I'd say. We're definitely looking at making this patch automatic, will do so if everything works out (going automatic is a much bigger engagement than we can afford atm).

I asked for the patch but they asked me to install the Core1 first.

As soon as Core9 is available I will give that a try as well. Would also be nice to get that integrated in the initial setup.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.