KasperskyGal

Safe Settings for Whatsapp & Skype

I have to install skype and what’sapp on my home PC for local security purposes. Could someone please advise whether Kaspersky has any specific recommendations for the settings of these apps to afford maximum security?  I Run Win 8.1 and Kaspersky Total Security 2018 Thank you.

Edited by KasperskyGal

13 hours ago, KasperskyGal said:

please advise whether Kaspersky has any specific recommendations for the settings of these apps to afford maximum security

:rolleyes: Searching the web on years before, found that kaspersky did has a Tech article

about certain precautions when used "Whatsapp + Skype but was intended

for keep the kids secure. So that no current advise on the usage of these apps

But here're some from the - indio's.org - How sounds that..!

For Skype : 1) allow calls only from peoples on the contact list

2) Automatically receive video & share screens only with people from contact list

3) Disable Microsoft targeted ads

For Whatsapp + Viber << You didn't ask for it, but both apps has similar settings

1) Anybody who knows your Ph# will be able to find : Your account on Whatsapp+Viber

2) upon receiving a message from unwanted contact, both Whatsapp + Viber

let you block the user right away : 4) Also both apps let you report the contact as Spam

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.