ham21

kaspersky conflict with steam voice

i was wondering if anyone was aware of a fix for the conflicts with kaspersky and the steam voice chat to explain a little bit there has been a fairly recent update with steam wich has changed the way steam'sinbuilt voice chat works, the new chat uses some form of webrtc chat

unfortunatly a large group of users have been having problems with this chat some of it isnt related to kaspersky but for some users (including me) disabling kaspersky total security seems to make the steam voice chat work again.

this helps to diagnose the prroblem as some type of conflict with kaspersky but unless i leave my computer unsecure i am not able to use the steam voice chat,  i have tried making an exclusion for the entire valve subgroup, for the steam.exe itself and stopping kaspersky scanning encrypted connections but to no avail

to give you an idea of what the problem may be i shall attach parts of the chat log from steams software trying to connect whilst kaspersky is running,

steam log edited.txt

The link included ask to download the - Steam app - is that the purpose of it..?

From the problem description, you've the latest update and added the

app to exclusions and still conflicts with KTS isn't it .. :huh:

if you're no afraid try these - Firewall settings - are intended for KIS - but may work

on KTS remember you always can - Roll back the changes to previous settings

Link :  https://www.kaspersky.com/blog/kis-settings-for-steam/13970

Hey! ham21 : Not sure if the app called "Steam" is the same like 'Steam voice"

if are different disregard the solution posted .. Sorry about that

Edited by i n d i o

hi there no the link should have been to a notepad file lol wehn i click on it it shows me a download option for a notepad file so i have no idea why it sends you to a download for steam lol, yeah steam voice and steam are the same app its the voice chat functionality of the app that im specifically having problems with, will try those settings out when i can, will reply again when i have given em a try  thanks for the speedy reply :)

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.