I really want to switch to Kaspersky Internet Security .I have my laptop on wifi and I see that it doesn't protect this.Is this not a concern or is it coming?Thanks

Edited by scooby

No security suite protects your wirless LAN, you setup your security within your router to protect your WLAN. I would suggest using WPA2 to do so. There is a free program to protect you when using free wifi hotspots, Hotspot Shield, it creates a VPN between you and the wifi client, it works very well.

:)

No security suite protects your wirless LAN, you setup your security within your router to protect your WLAN. I would suggest using WPA2 to do so. There is a free program to protect you when using free wifi hotspots, Hotspot Shield, it creates a VPN between you and the wifi client, it works very well.

:)

My bad,I meant to say wireless connection. :o My current suite has this feature.

Edited by scooby

Whatever it offers has no real value in terms of protection. It is simply a marketing trick. As soon as the traffic leaves your wireless NIC, no product can protect you, unless you utilize encryption (with WPA2 preferably) or create a VPN tunnel between your Laptop and Acess Point.

Whatever it offers has no real value in terms of protection. It is simply a marketing trick. As soon as the traffic leaves your wireless NIC, no product can protect you, unless you utilize encryption (with WPA2 preferably) or create a VPN tunnel between your Laptop and Acess Point.

Yes.It utilizes WPA2.

Yes.It utilizes WPA2.

It's my wireless router that has wpa2 enabled as well as the mac filter,so if a pc tries to connect and it's not in my list I was told that it couldn't connect.also have other features in my router setup for security.Basically my Internet security suite Wireless security is useless then right? I have installed the beta version of KIS and I really like it. :D

Edited by scooby

It's my wireless router that has wpa2 enabled as well as the mac filter,so if a pc tries to connect and it's not in my list I was told that it couldn't connect.also have other features in my router setup for security.Basically my Internet security suite Wireless security is useless then right? I have installed the beta version of KIS and I really like it. :D

Yep,talked to my router manufacturer and the wireless feature is useless .The router takes care of my wireless security.Pay for something that is junk.

If you set a long enough pre-shared key for your WPA2 setup. You are off to a good start. For strong password generators I really like

http://grc.com/securitynow

I am glad you are enjoying KIS as much as we loved testing it :)

If you set a long enough pre-shared key for your WPA2 setup. You are off to a good start. For strong password generators I really like

http://grc.com/securitynow

I am glad you are enjoying KIS as much as we loved testing it :)

Yeah.My key is loooonnnng. :D KIS runs alot lighter than my previous suite.May have found my new friend. :lol:

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.