xzz123

Camera protection not function after update patch B

I found my kaspersky no longer block or track camera use any more, after update to latesed patch.

I have some other friends using K also told me that, so i assume it is only my problem...

Is there any one else facing this bug?

of course i already report it to KL tech support.

INC000009458736

if you also troubled by this bug, you can open a ticket and report this to support. the more they hear, the faster they fix the bug.

@xzz123: No answers yet.? Here's-1: From the infamous indio..Hmm! - Just kidding..

don't take Me wrong, but the signatures show KTS-19 as your default antivirus

so post the question on that forum too : Let us know right away the solution send it

by Tech Support for the records..stay Tuned at :  https://forum.kaspersky.com 

19 hours ago, i n d i o said:

@xzz123: No answers yet.? Here's-1: From the infamous indio..Hmm! - Just kidding..

don't take Me wrong, but the signatures show KTS-19 as your default antivirus

so post the question on that forum too : Let us know right away the solution send it

by Tech Support for the records..stay Tuned at :  https://forum.kaspersky.com 

Sadly

Any means of support in china do not work in weekends.

Actually I believe that K products with camera protection will all be effected.......

How about you? Can you reproduce the bug? Can you tell me your OS?

regards

Edited by xzz123

Webcam Protection in KIS 19 does not block the webcam at all.

Running Windows 10 Pro x64 and KIS 19 (b)

Edited by AvalonP

I don't use Safe Money (disabled).

With the Webcam Protection on, I select "Block access to webcam for all applications" then start the Windows Camera app and the camera works normally.

I can confirm the green warning on top of the screen is not appearing any more... BUT... I have these extra settings in Rights sections (for WebCam and Microphone) in my KTS2019b config for Trusted and Low Restricted groups, and this way I'm still getting warnings (Interactive Mode) every time I open an application that want to use Microphone or WebCam:

https://imgur.com/a/Pks53DX

I get prompts and if I select block, it works fine and the WebCam/Microphone audio streams are blocked...

(Sorry screen-hots in Spanish)

8 hours ago, Wesly.Zhang said:

Hello,

Do you encounter this issue in Safe Money? or...

Regards.

Blocking screen-shot in safe money is another function.

Camera protection is hips based separate function. 

2080537076_QQ20180806190757.jpg.1166809c8ad88103cf6baf557949f74f.jpg

9 hours ago, Wesly.Zhang said:

Hello,

Do you encounter this issue in Safe Money? or...

Regards.

Another interesting thing............

avp can not block tencent QQ receive audio stream....I have set hips blocking all program access to microphone

QQ somehow Survived but other windows app indeed can not use my microphone.

see below reports.

06.08.2018 19.17.40;Application is not allowed to receive audio stream;Settings;Settings;C:\Windows\ImmersiveControlPanel\SystemSettings.exe;08/06/2018 19:17:40

06.08.2018 19.17.41;Application is not allowed to receive audio stream;Speech Runtime Executable;Speech Runtime Executable;C:\Windows\System32\Speech_OneCore\common\SpeechRuntime.exe;08/06/2018 19:17:41

windows app are blocked using microphone, but there is even no record about QQ have ever used my microphone......

It looks I have to open another tech support ticket.

By the way, It is unbelievable that a bug can be easily produced. Especially a bug only concerns product's Basic function.

I do not major in programing, but I felt it is unbelievable that K‘s products always have too many bugs............There should be a good practice to maintain a high quality of a product, isn't it?

1 hour ago, harlan4096 said:

I can confirm the green warning on top of the screen is not appearing any more... BUT... I have these extra settings in Rights sections (for WebCam and Microphone) in my KTS2019b config for Trusted and Low Restricted groups, and this way I'm still getting warnings (Interactive Mode) every time I open an application that want to use Microphone or WebCam:

https://imgur.com/a/Pks53DX

I get prompts and if I select block, it works fine and the WebCam/Microphone audio streams are blocked...

(Sorry screen-hots in Spanish)

Sadly I can not block camera access even I use hips module.....

avp can not stop windows taking a photo of my face:D

I concur with this issue. After the latest windows update(1803), camera protection stopped working. I had installed the 2019 version of KIS and found out this problem. But when I reverted to the 2018 version where camera protection was working well before, the issue still persists. Guess it must be due to windows.

It could be due to a change in Windows 10 but......Webcam Protection is a well advertised feature for KIS 19 and Windows 10 is the world prevalent OS.

A solution from Kaspersky is already overdue.

A solution will be available once more people report it to my.kaspersky.com 

This is just a user forum!

I agree with you if we were talking about a glitch affecting a few Kaspersky users.

But....This is a failure of an important feature for Kaspersky products that should have been addressed by the Kaspersky testing team already.

Right. And you can help speed up the resolution for everybody. By opening a support ticket and attaching the relevant logs to reproduce this problem.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.