natekoepke

Kaspersky Security Cloud Free, I got a message saying that I need to purchase a subscription, features for free vs paid?

Today I downloaded and installed the new free edition of Kaspersky Security Cloud from the Kaspersky website. I just wanted to try it out and see what it is like.

However, when I logged in to my now-deleted My Kaspersky account, I got a message saying that I need to purchase a subscription.

I thought this was supposed to be a free service.

If it is not yet available in the United States, that is fine. I will wait.

If anyone can tell me why this is, that would be greatly appreciated.

Also, just out of curiosity, what exact features do you get with the free Kaspersky Security Cloud and which ones are reserved for paid editions?

Thanks! :)

9 hours ago, natekoepke said:

Today I downloaded and installed the new free edition of Kaspersky Security Cloud from the Kaspersky website

:rolleyes: Welcome to Kaspersky Security Cloud : as Far as I know "This app doesn't has a free version" What

it offers is a - Personal and Family Trials versions ::  if you installed an older Trial version kaspersky

detects that & ask to buy a Subscription. Want to know more about its features open these links

1) This-1 explain about the Trial versions : https://usa.kaspersky.com/downloads  : click on

[Learn more] : 2) What is Kaspersky Security Cloud -  https://support.kaspersky.com/us/kscloud19

Edited by Indio

23 minutes ago, natekoepke said:

oK failed to show up that on my Googling search, so in that case to Get an explanation

why after install the Free version, ask you to purchase a subscription >>Contact klab

Technical Support - Link : https://my.kaspersky.com/support/requests/create

Edited by Indio

On 8/2/2018 at 3:09 PM, natekoepke said:

Today I downloaded and installed the new free edition of Kaspersky Security Cloud from the Kaspersky website. I just wanted to try it out and see what it is like.

However, when I logged in to my now-deleted My Kaspersky account, I got a message saying that I need to purchase a subscription.

I thought this was supposed to be a free service.

If it is not yet available in the United States, that is fine. I will wait.

If anyone can tell me why this is, that would be greatly appreciated.

Also, just out of curiosity, what exact features do you get with the free Kaspersky Security Cloud and which ones are reserved for paid editions?

Thanks! :)

See the comparison of services here.

Thank you very much DonKid, and may God bless Kaspersky Lab for providing excellent, strong protection to even those who cannot afford or shouldn't afford antivirus protection. :)

I'm also at a loss here. I downloaded what was supposedly "Kaspersky Security Cloud Free" but when it goes to activate itself it says I need a license and gives me a link to purchase one. But no option for a free one or the sort. I have ZERO interest in either of the paid versions, I want the FREE version! Thanks for any help in advance!!

2018-12-14 (2).png

Thank you. I talked to phone support already and they created a case. Just waiting to hear back from them now.