QPR John

False Detection - Kaspersky Keeps Deleting My Own Applications VB.NET [un cross posted]

I use VB.Net with Visual Studio 2017 to build my own applications.

I have been developing an application for at least 8 years. Never had any problems until about 6 weeks ago when Kaspersky started deleting my 'exe' file stating it was malware.

Since then almost weekly I have had to send my file to KS, send Traces etc; to no avail. They claim to fix it and hours later it starts deleting my file. They say it's a False-Positive.

I have noticed that when I change the code it starts deleting my file.

Has anyone else experienced this problem. It is driving me up the wall!!!

I have the same problem with a stand alone application using VB.Net Winforms Application, it does not use a browser.

I have spent 'years' developing my application, about 6 weeks ago Kaspersky detected it as malware. I reported it to Tech Support, I have had to send copies of the application to them, along with various traces and reports. They carry out checks then tell me it's a false detection and they have updated their database to rectify the problem. This only temporarily fixes the problem, as soon as I change any code or redesign any of the forms it detects it again and the process starts again. 

This has become totally frustrating!!!!

Edited by QPR John

I have exactly the same problem.  I have different versions of the same exe file (created with VB), and I can't stop kaspersky deleting it. Is there a solution?  Other than removing kaspersky?

Edited by Display_Name
I thought about it a bit and got a bit angrier.

I'm still on the merry go round! I have uploaded my exe to a site that checks it against various AV producers including Kaspersky, other than one site, including Kaspersky shows it as being safe.

Is there anyway of escalating this? I'm getting sick to death!!!

Only if you trust the application  please try this :
> Settings > General > disable "Interactive Protection"
> Settings > Additional > Threats and Exclusions >  Manage exclusions > Add > Browse ...
> Settings > General > enable
"Interactive Protection"
> Reboot

Thanks for the suggestion Berny, followed your instructions.

It worked from where the project is located. When I try to deploy the application, the files are  located in another folder, which I have added to the exclusions, it deletes the 'exe'? 

I have tried on numerous occasions to add the folders to the 'Threats and Exclusions' without disabling 'Interactive Protection' and it has never worked.

I use the application on several other PC's so I have to be able to deploy it to them.

Me too. In the end I had to add it as an exclusion under 'Manage Exclusions'.

But because KIS deletes the file as soon as it is compiled I had to create a dummy file in Notepad and call it 'myappname.exe', so that I could navigate to it. I then overwrote this file with the real recompiled .exe. Still it is not a satisfactory resolution and I know that many others are reporting the same issue. I hope it gets sorted soon. I have several of my own VB apps on my PC, I hope it doesn't start deleting them!

Does anyone know if you exclude a file from scanning and afterwards right click on the file name in Explorer and select 'Scan for Viruses', does it scan at this point or ignore it? i.e. Is the exclusion active even here.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.