pleokas

Use Win Server version instead of workstation version (firewall setting)

Posted (edited)

Hi,

I've the following questions. If change server from Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows workstations  (10.2.4.674) to Kaspersky Security 10.1 for Win Server (10.1.0.622), I've the following questions.

Q1. How shoud I add available networks IP in Policy on Win Server version? As can't find the place or option to input it. (Please see the picture)

server1.jpg

Q2. Does Kaspersky Security 10.1 for Win Server (10.1.0.622) supports Server 2003 OS?

Edited by pleokas

Hello!

Windows Server 2003 and 2003R2 are supported. 

Please tell us if the screenshots are from the KSWS. 

Thanks!

Hi, 

The screenshot is the policy In Kasepersky Security Center for KES 10 for Windows workstations  (10.2.4.674) . 

Can I make the same setting in policy for "Kaspersky Security 10.1 for Win Server "? Just want to make sure that remote IP 192.168.3.0/24 can access this server

Thanks.

Hello.

 If you are working with a port rule, do the following:

a. Enter the Rule name of the edited rule.

b. Specify the Port number for which the application will allow connections.

c. Select the type of protocol (TCP / UDP) for which the application will allow connections.

d. In the Rule application scope field, specify the network addresses for which the modified rule will be applied

We have administrators guide if you need more information about any KSWS 10.1 functionality 

https://docs.s.kaspersky-labs.com/english/ks4ws_admin_guide_en.pdf

В ‎17‎.‎07‎.‎2018 в 10:13, pleokas сказал:

Q1. How shoud I add available networks IP in Policy on Win Server version? As can't find the place or option to input

Hello,

Why do you want to add available network IP in KSWS policy settings? What are you trying to achieve?

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Oleg Bykov said:

Hello,

Why do you want to add available network IP in KSWS policy settings? What are you trying to achieve?

Not really want to add. Because  remote IP (through leased line) cannot access this server. It works after added IP in available network at firewall policy (KES workstation)

For KSWS, just afraid that it will happen same issue as above after change to KSWS on server. Any comment? or won't happen on KSWS and I should try first? Please advise.

Edited by pleokas

8 часов назад, pleokas сказал:

For KSWS, just afraid that it will happen same issue as above after change to KSWS on server. Any comment? or won't happen on KSWS and I should try first? Please advise.

KSWS 10.1 doesn't have its own firewall, so access from workstations should be fine. It does have a "Windows Firewall Management" component, but it's not our own firewall, but just a means to manage the WIndows Firewall settings.

14 hours ago, Oleg Bykov said:

KSWS 10.1 doesn't have its own firewall, so access from workstations should be fine. It does have a "Windows Firewall Management" component, but it's not our own firewall, but just a means to manage the WIndows Firewall settings.

Hi, great!  Well noted with thanks.