I have many games from GOG.com and KAV is causing a problem with them.

Trying to install a game or even right-clicking on it results in an hourglass and windows explorer apparently hanging. If one waits long enough, and that can be some minutes, the game starts to install or the right-click menu appears. It can even take a good while for the correct icon to appear. Turning off KAV protection removes the delays totally. Not all installers seem to be affected.

Does anybody have any ideas what is going on?

Cheers

DrT

"Bump".

Only these installers are affected and freeze my PC making it a real pain to install any of these games.

Cheers

DrT

I have the same problem with the later (2018+) GOG games installers as they split up the files inside inno setup and have some kinda of encryption on them.
I used to be able to unpack the older gog game installers with "innounp.exe" but that no longer works either.
But hey, it's really a pain in the butt to have the system hang ON about every NEW installer from GOG Games!
Like Drteeth mentions this is NO way to have an antivirus program behave! The only way to access them is to Turn the AV off and thats a NO NO.
Please come up with a solution for this ... it's a ligit company and I own many games from them..

cheers

JD

btw. I have KAV 2018 1.9.0.0. 1088 (b)

Edited by klaver7

Hello,

Could you provide the GOG games installer download link for me? Let me check this behavior.

Regards.

Wesly,

If you have any GOG games, especially the more modern ones with brackets in the names, you will not need a link. If you have not bought any games, links cannot be provided as that is not how they are accessed.

Cheers

DrT

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.