hpadgette

Kid using Android "safe mode" to override controls

So, android has a way to put the phone into "safe mode" which (apparently) disables all third party apps, including Kaspersky.  Unfortunately, YouTube, Chrome, etc. are not considered third-party apps so he can access all of the google apps while in safe mode.  Anyone else have this problem?   Seems like a very easy work around for a kid...

Has this issue been resolved? It's a major problem. 

Hello. Please report this issue to the Support team who will forward to the developers for investigation and assignment of proper priority for fix. Send complete description of the case in this form, after login with your My Kaspersky account. 

Thanks a lot for your help. Your contribution to improve our products is always appreciated.

Any feedback on resolution of this issue?

I also struggle with safe mode.

Am 1.1.2019 um 09:41 schrieb jfes11:

Has this issue been resolved? It's a major problem. 

It certainly is a major problem. Let's hope something will be done about it as soon as possible.

I'm still wondering if this "safe mode" problem can be fixed at all. I don't have any mobile devices, do I don't know much about them. But it is my understanding that the Android "safe mode" always disables all third-party apps, which, of course, includes Kaspersky Safe Kids. Is it technically possible for a third-party app to run even if the user switches to "safe mode" or do we just have to put up with the fact that nothing can be done about it?

Kids using Android "safe mode" can probably always easily override controls, which makes Kaspersky Safe Kids - and any other parental control app - useless. I have just found a review written by a German Play Store user. He also mentioned the fact that KSK can easily be bypassed in "safe mode".
Kaspersky Lab's comment:

Kaspersky Lab 26. Januar 2019

Hello! Unfortunately, Safe Mode cannot be bypassed, as it is a hardware feature. We hope for your understanding.

Source: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kaspersky.safekids&hl=de&reviewId=gp%3AAOqpTOGVggRASrejL6pHzY5T5k96bicc67aQy5o1lwYejVNl6jh0vWEuZx0fCQNf3qXBWhqWfJRpFGKr3Tlf

If nothing can be done about this "safe mode" problem,  Kaspersky Safe Kids is useless. I mean, why should I install a parental control app if a kid can easily bypass it? Is it really impossible for tech companies to do something about it?

Edited by Buddel

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.