BP07

Full Scan freezes at 83%

Hello,

I am having an issue with Kaspersky Total Security 2018.  The issue is new and before a day ago everything scanned without incident.  Now, however, when I run a Full Scan, the program will "freeze" at 83% finished.  I can still click "Stop" and stop the scan, but when I try to start another Full Scan nothing happens.  I am also unable to close Kaspersky forcibly using the Task Manager at this point.  A reboot of the computer fixes the "frozen" issue, but will only allow the next Full Scan to hit 83% again before the problem reoccurs.  I have uninstalled through the control panel twice and reinstalled from My Kaspersky, but the problem persists.  I am unsure of how to proceed and the GSI created is 4.62MB, so I cannot attach the file below.  Any help will be appreciated.   

Thank you.

P.S.  Previously (when Full Scan was working normally) I was getting different numbers for the total number of files scanned after the scan was complete.  No settings were ever changed and the scans were run daily, but sometimes it would say around 200,000 total and other times it would be 400,000 or 500,000 total.  I've always wondered, why the discrepancy?

Welcome.  Please install the current KTS 19.0.0.1088. Instructions and download are linked in the first pinned topic. Update databases > reboot after install the new version.

Any better with the current version?

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message. 

19 hours ago, richbuff said:

Welcome.  Please install the current KTS 19.0.0.1088. Instructions and download are linked in the first pinned topic. Update databases > reboot after install the new version.

Negative.  Followed the instructions and the Full Scan still freezes at 83%.  

OK, I have sent the request to Tech Support and will post any relevant info for fixing the issue here.  Thank you.  

On another note, can you answer my secondary question/issue or do you have any information regarding it? 

You're welcome. Not all files are scanned every time. Please explore scan settings. There are settings for skipping files that have already been checked recently. 

3 hours ago, richbuff said:

You're welcome. Not all files are scanned every time. Please explore scan settings. There are settings for skipping files that have already been checked recently. 

Ah, OK.  I'll look into that.  Thanks again.

On 6/27/2018 at 9:17 AM, BP07 said:

OK, I have sent the request to Tech Support and will post any relevant info for fixing the issue here.  

Please do. 

My Kaspersky also just started doing the same exact thing.  Quick Scan, Vulnerability Scan, RootKit Scan, Updates, all run normally to full completion with "no threats detected", "no vulnerabilities detected", "Database Up To Date", etc.  When I run Full Scan it stops at 82% and stays there.  No matter how long I allow it to run, it won't complete, and it doesn't get past 82%.  This just started happening within the last few days.

I look forward to any helpful info on this issue.

Thanks

Edited by richbuff
I removed your content from within the other persons quotebox.

I am also having the same problem as BP07 and J520.  My problem also started on June 25.  I am using KIS 2018.  All the scans work except for the full scan which stops at 83%.  If I try to run it again it just shows the rotating circle and never starts the scan. I do not have the ability to STOP the scan, so the only way to stop it is to go back to the main screen.   If I restart the pc and try the full scan, it will start the scanning but never get past 83%.  Any help would be great.  Thanks.

It is possible that you may have some corrupted files.  I know Kaspersky has always had a problem scanning when it encounters corrupt files, especially when it always does it in the same place.  Hope that helps.

I am running Kaspersky Internet Security version 18.0.0.405(h).

4 hours ago, ams15 said:

I am running Kaspersky Internet Security version 18.0.0.405(h).

Please see the second pinned topic of the correct section of this forum for instructions to download and install Kaspersky version 2019. 

Uninstall Kaspersky version 2018 > reboot, then install Kaspersky version 2019. 

After you install Kaspersky version 2019, activate with your current activation code > do a databases update > reboot.

UPDATE:  I have been told to run Disk Cleanup and delete unnecessary/temporary files.  I have done this, but the problem still persists.  I will continue to update you guys when appropriate.

I did as you suggested - downloading the latest version of Kaspersky Internet Security from the second pinned topic.  After the uninstall, reboot, install and update I'm back to the same version that I had - KIS version 18.0.0.405(h).  I tried another full scan and it stopped at 83%.  The quick and rootkit scans work and now I haven't completed a full scan since June 25.  

On 7/6/2018 at 5:04 PM, BP07 said:

UPDATE:  I have been told to run Disk Cleanup and delete unnecessary/temporary files.  I have done this, but the problem still persists.  I will continue to update you guys when appropriate.

Appreciate your updates.  Keep'em coming.  Same problem persisting at my end too.  Several different, unrelated computers, several different users all experiencing same issue, Full Scan stops at 82%/83%.  All other scans, updates running normally with "no threats detected".

KasScreenShot.jpg

I will definitely continue to update when I have more information.  As of right now, I have given Kaspersky a few different reports they asked for to investigate the cause of the problem, but (as far as I know) they have not been able to find the problem or a solution to it.  They told me they will get back to me when they have something, I will let you know how it goes and hopefully what the fix is.

(Unrelated)  Also J520, you can push the [prt sc] button on your keyboard to copy (whatever is currently on) your screen to your clipboard and then just paste that picture into a Word document or Paint or something similar to these.  Then you won't need to take pictures with another device and your pictures will be much nicer!  It's not really important at all, I just remember when I first learned about it and I was so amazed, so I thought I would share this with you.

KaspFroz1.png

Edited by BP07

1 hour ago, BP07 said:

I will definitely continue to update when I have more information.  As of right now, I have given Kaspersky a few different reports they asked for to investigate the cause of the problem, but (as far as I know) they have not been able to find the problem or a solution to it.  They told me they will get back to me when they have something, I will let you know how it goes and hopefully what the fix is.

(Unrelated)  Also J520, you can push the [prt sc] button on your keyboard to copy (whatever is currently on) your screen to your clipboard and then just paste that picture into a Word document or Paint or something similar to these.  Then you won't need to take pictures with another device and your pictures will be much nicer!  It's not really important at all, I just remember when I first learned about it and I was so amazed, so I thought I would share this with you.

Thanks for your reply. Appreciate your updates. Although it freezes at 82%/83% every time, it always freezes on a different file. 

It seems to me too much of a coincidence to believe that so many people just happen to have corrupt files in the same exact percentage location. 

Updates download normally and fast. Quick, Rootkit, Vulnerability scans all run normally showing no threats, no vulnerability. Kaspersky Secure Connection appears to be running normal. 

Thanks much for sharing the [prt sc] tip. 

UPDATE:  About 2 weeks ago I was told to download Kaspersky Total Security 2019 and run another full scan and to collect logs to pass on to the support team, which I did.  I haven't heard back from them yet as they told me they were passing them onto an expert for further analysis, but a couple of days ago my system (Windows) updated itself and now the problem seems to be fixed.  I'm not entirely sure when the problem became resolved as I've not run a full scan since 2 weeks ago, but it completes the full scan now without any issues.  I am sorry that I don't have a more clear cut answer for those of you experiencing a similar issue.

Again, I'm not sure if the Windows update fixed it or if Kaspersky did something on their end, but my problem is now gone.  I will email Kaspersky support to see if they know what happened and will post here if there is any relevant information.

23 minutes ago, BP07 said:

UPDATE:  About 2 weeks ago I was told to download Kaspersky Total Security 2019 and run another full scan and to collect logs to pass on to the support team, which I did.  I haven't heard back from them yet as they told me they were passing them onto an expert for further analysis, but a couple of days ago my system (Windows) updated itself and now the problem seems to be fixed.  I'm not entirely sure when the problem became resolved as I've not run a full scan since 2 weeks ago, but it completes the full scan now without any issues.  I am sorry that I don't have a more clear cut answer for those of you experiencing a similar issue.

Again, I'm not sure if the Windows update fixed it or if Kaspersky did something on their end, but my problem is now gone.  I will email Kaspersky support to see if they know what happened and will post here if there is any relevant information.

Appreciate your updates. I've just experienced the same, exact thing. Yesterday for the first time in weeks my Full Scan completed 100%. I ran a Full Scan again today, and again it completed 100%. 

Thanks for updating with any relevant information. 

I updated my Kaspersky total security to 19.0.0 version for almost one month, however, my full scan always freezes at 72% or 74%. Anybody could help?

Welcome. Update databases > restart the computer, then restart again and then please pass your mouse cursor over the Kaspersky tray icon and tell us the full, complete name and version number and patch letter of your Kaspersky product. 

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.