Rajeev Subedi

Download update to repository failed

Dear team ,

Please find the appropriate solution from the issue regarding update problem in kaspersky security center in 10.5 version. Find the screenshot of the error message generated while updating.

Thank you

issue update.jpg

Hello,

I have the same problem. I cleared the db repository to try to solve an update problem with my KS4WS 10.1 and since then I have time out on db download.

After some time, the server just quit and stops the task. The repository seems to be partially downloaded (KES clients are able to download updates from KSC) and next update tasks act like there is no problem (but if I clear the db again, same time out).

Did a trace for some time while trying to download the repository and found out that a file causes the time out :

Tue Jun 26 08:27:39 2018	The file is being downloaded now. 'updates/vlns3/vlns3_convert.dll'
Tue Jun 26 08:28:01 2018	Download has timed out. 'http://dnl-16.geo.kaspersky.com/'
Tue Jun 26 08:28:01 2018	The update source has been selected. 'http://dnl-05.geo.kaspersky.com/' (KL)
Tue Jun 26 08:28:01 2018	The DNS name has been resolved. 'dnl-05.geo.kaspersky.com' (80.239.197.106)
Tue Jun 26 08:28:01 2018	Connecting to update source. '80.239.197.106'
Tue Jun 26 08:28:01 2018	The file is being downloaded now. 'index/u1313g.xml.klz'
Tue Jun 26 08:28:53 2018	The file has been downloaded. 'updates/bin/ksws11/ksws11-1313g.xml.klz'
Tue Jun 26 08:33:23 2018	The file is being downloaded now. 'updates/vlns3/vlns3_convert.dll'
Tue Jun 26 08:33:24 2018	Connecting to update source. '80.239.197.106'
Tue Jun 26 08:33:45 2018	Download has timed out. 'http://dnl-05.geo.kaspersky.com/'
Tue Jun 26 08:33:45 2018	The update source has been selected. 'http://dnl-15.geo.kaspersky.com/' (KL)
Tue Jun 26 08:33:45 2018	The DNS name has been resolved. 'dnl-15.geo.kaspersky.com' (94.75.236.122)
Tue Jun 26 08:33:45 2018	Connecting to update source. '94.75.236.122'
Tue Jun 26 08:33:45 2018	The file is being downloaded now. 'index/u1313g.xml.klz'
Tue Jun 26 08:34:37 2018	The file has been downloaded. 'updates/bin/ksws11/ksws11-1313g.xml.klz'
Tue Jun 26 08:38:44 2018	The file is being downloaded now. 'updates/vlns3/vlns3_convert.dll'
Tue Jun 26 08:38:45 2018	Connecting to update source. '94.75.236.122'
Tue Jun 26 08:39:06 2018	Download has timed out. 'http://dnl-15.geo.kaspersky.com/'
Tue Jun 26 08:39:06 2018	The update source has been selected. 'http://dnl-17.geo.kaspersky.com/' (KL)
Tue Jun 26 08:39:06 2018	The DNS name has been resolved. 'dnl-17.geo.kaspersky.com' (193.45.6.10)
Tue Jun 26 08:39:06 2018	Connecting to update source. '193.45.6.10'
Tue Jun 26 08:39:06 2018	The file is being downloaded now. 'index/u1313g.xml.klz'

If I try to download the file via a web browser (chrome and firefox), it just stops at about 650kb. I tried on IE, it works. Strange thing...

Same problem with a debian wget command.

Tried to disable AV, no change.

KSC server info :

Operating system: Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2

Network Agent version: 10.5.1781

Security application version: 10.1.0.622

Seems to have problem since 14.06.2018 (KS4WS isn't able to update from KSC since then).

ksc-db-update3.PNGksc-db-update2.PNGksc-db-update1.PNG

Edited by bsylvain

Hello.

Do you have any network filtering or packet inspection software on your network ?

Il y a 16 heures, Evgeny_E a dit :

Hello.

Do you have any network filtering or packet inspection software on your network ?

Hello,

Yes we have, Fortigate. We tested with a bypass policy (to avoid any filtering).

At this point we are not sure that it really comes from Kaspersky (I've got a test lab that does not have this problem), we are investigating - it could be something from our provider.

Thanks.

Well today it is working (with normal Fortigate policy).

I cleared the db, ran the sync.

First run success though an error "An error occurred while verifying the file signature. 'http://dnl-17.geo.kaspersky.com/updates/wmuf/wmuf0006.dat'"

Cleared again, no error - success.

This is kind of strange, we didn't change anything yesterday (except enabling back the Fortigate filtering for the server). "vlns3_convert.dll" downloadable without issue.

1 hour ago, bsylvain said:

Well today it is working (with normal Fortigate policy).

I cleared the db, ran the sync.

First run success though an error "An error occurred while verifying the file signature. 'http://dnl-17.geo.kaspersky.com/updates/wmuf/wmuf0006.dat'"

Cleared again, no error - success.

This is kind of strange, we didn't change anything yesterday (except enabling back the Fortigate filtering for the server). "vlns3_convert.dll" downloadable without issue.

Hello.

We recommend that the traffic from KL update servers is whitelisted in any network filtering software. Some third-party solutions are known to implicitly modify certain contents of updates, such as index files, even when processing them according to allowing rules. In such occasions, updates will not pass verification on the product side, and therefore, will not be able to apply.

Thank you.

Il y a 5 heures, Kirill Tsapovsky a dit :

Hello.

We recommend that the traffic from KL update servers is whitelisted in any network filtering software. Some third-party solutions are known to implicitly modify certain contents of updates, such as index files, even when processing them according to allowing rules. In such occasions, updates will not pass verification on the product side, and therefore, will not be able to apply.

Thank you.

Hello,

Yes we already whitelisted "*.kaspersky.com", there should be no filtering on this. When we had the problem we excluded the whole server from filtering without change.

We don't know what happened. We will monitor this closely.

Sylvain

14 minutes ago, bsylvain said:

Hello,

Yes we already whitelisted "*.kaspersky.com", there should be no filtering on this. When we had the problem we excluded the whole server from filtering without change.

We don't know what happened. We will monitor this closely.

Sylvain

This could be verified by using the Kaspersky Update Utility to download the files from outside the network (directly), then using the files as a source for the KSC update task. For this to be successful, you need to select all versions of used software managed by your KSC, and the KSC itself. If this goes without errors, it leaves the issue with traffic filtering.

Thank you.

Il y a 21 heures, Kirill Tsapovsky a dit :

This could be verified by using the Kaspersky Update Utility to download the files from outside the network (directly), then using the files as a source for the KSC update task. For this to be successful, you need to select all versions of used software managed by your KSC, and the KSC itself. If this goes without errors, it leaves the issue with traffic filtering.

Thank you.

OK I will try this if it happens again.

Dear Team,

What does this means? Update task is completed but not every component were updated. What does it means. Is it totally update or it is a bug or what?

update issue.JPG

Hello!

It means only that some components were not installed because for example of a inconsistent updates set. 

Thanks!

Hi, I have a problem similar to those posted here. the situation is that when downloading the updates some of them give me an error when verifying the signature of some files and, therefore, I do not download the component, which ends in an incomplete download of the updates. Can someone help me with this?

$klakupd.log

Yes, this was the installer that I used: ksc_10sp3_10.5.1781_full_es  (Kaspersky Security Center v.10.5)

Hello!

I send you a capture of the update report and the update log that is generated in the installation files. Everything is from today. Thanks in advance for your reply

$klakupd.log

Ultima actualizacion de ksc 10.5.jpg

Edited by IHC-ETI

I have tried to send the complete GSI report but due to the limitation of the file size to upload I can not, so I need to know what information you need from the report to send it

Hello.

Please describe your network setup in more details, do you have any DPI or filtering solution ? 

Цитата

Tracing route to dnl-00.geo.kaspersky.com [66.110.49.6]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     2 ms     1 ms     1 ms  10.25.1.8 
  2     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  3     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  4     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  5     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  6     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  7     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  8     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  9     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 10     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 11     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 12     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 13     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 14     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 15     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 16     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 17     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 18     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 19     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 20     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 21     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 22     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 23     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 24     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 25     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 26     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 27     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 28     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 29     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 30     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Please make sure traffic can flow unmodifiyed between KSC and Kaspersky servers. 

https://support.kaspersky.com/6105

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.