Mustafa.ch

KES Compatibality with KSC

Dear Friends,

Can any one assist me that how some one can check that which KES version is compatible with which KSC version??

Need urgent assistance in this regard.

thanks.

22 hours ago, mastropizza said:

Hi,

well, you can rely on KB infos! It's enough to go, for example, to https://support.kaspersky.com/kes10/new, select your desired KES version and check the "Compatibility with KSC 10" section.

M

Thanks For your reply.....but still I did understand that where we can check that which KES Version is compatible with which KSC version??As above mentioned link doesn't  have a compatibility option.

can you plz share a screen short with me

thanks 

Hi,

The thing is, that KES itself does not connects to KSC. Network Agent is the one, who is in charge.

Could you please clarify what version of KES we are talking about?

Thank yoU!

2 minutes ago, Nikolay Arinchev said:

Hi,

The thing is, that KES itself does not connects to KSC. Network Agent is the one, who is in charge.

Could you please clarify what version of KES we are talking about?

Thank yoU!

thanks NIkolay,

let me to make my query clear for you.

for example I have a ksc version 10.4.343 installed on a machine and to manage client through KSC which version of KES will  work fine with 10.4.343?

Can I install any version of KES on client and it will work fine and will be managed from kaspersy server? OR their is a compatibility list of KES with KSC?

Hope you understand.

thanks

Yes, it will. The only thing you have to do is to install corresponding plugin for KSC console. You can find the plugin within the KES distiributive.

Thank you!

1 minute ago, Nikolay Arinchev said:

Yes, it will. The only thing you have to do is to install corresponding plugin for KSC console. You can find the plugin within the KES distiributive.

Thank you!

Thank you very much..

One last thing does this rule will be applied on Network agent?

Its a same question like above, just replaced KES with NEtwork agent.

thanks

38 minutes ago, Nikolay Arinchev said:

As for the network agent it`s reasonable to use the most recent version.

Please clarify that if KSC have an old version, does latest version of Network agent will work and communicate with KSC?

thanks 

Yes, you theoretically can use the latest network agent version with older KSC, but it`s not recommended to do so.

Please use the same version or update KSC to the most recent version.

39 minutes ago, Nikolay Arinchev said:

Yes, you theoretically can use the latest network agent version with older KSC, but it`s not recommended to do so.

Please use the same version or update KSC to the most recent version.

bundle of thanks

2 minutes ago, Nikolay Arinchev said:

Do you think we can mark that topic as solved?

Thank you!

yes sure.

Thank you