Paul.R

Kaspersky and Dropbox

Posted (edited)

Hi! @D.

Recent problem is with dropbox, error: "can't establish a secure connection". I fix this problem when I uncheck on Kaspersky settings: "uncheck secure connections".(I search dropbox forum, no solution for macOS)

Kaspersky for Windows is writing by experts.

Kaspersky for macOS is writing by monkeys.

Edited by Paul.R

I also have this issue. I have tried to see if i can exempt dropbox synching from the protection but cannot find the exemption list on the mac version of Kaspersky.

@DavidH07

Try to add exemption in trust zone, I don;t try that yet. I post my fix above (thats the solution that I descovered)

I could not get it to work and i emailed support. Although i had clicked check for update my version ....35a.b was showing as current. This was the first recommendation from support

As a first step please download and install the latest version of Kaspersky Internet Security for Mac and check if this resolves the issue. You can download the latest version from the following link: https://products.s.kaspersky-labs.com/homeuser/kismac18/18.0.2.60/multilanguage-int-20180517_134818/kaspersky%20internet%20security.dmg

I now have latest version version of Kaspersky Internet Security for Mac is version 18.0.2.60 and the issue with dropbox is so far resolved. i will update if this changes.

I have same version(18.0.2.60) but the issue with dropbox is there.

Posted (edited)

I replaced 10.0.1.35b with 10.0.2.60 on macOS High Sierra as above and it did not solve the problem.

Edited by Srebby
I spoke too soon... It didn't fix the problem.

On 6/21/2018 at 4:28 PM, DavidH07 said:

I could not get it to work and i emailed support. Although i had clicked check for update my version ....35a.b was showing as current. This was the first recommendation from support

As a first step please download and install the latest version of Kaspersky Internet Security for Mac and check if this resolves the issue. You can download the latest version from the following link: https://products.s.kaspersky-labs.com/homeuser/kismac18/18.0.2.60/multilanguage-int-20180517_134818/kaspersky%20internet%20security.dmg

I now have latest version version of Kaspersky Internet Security for Mac is version 18.0.2.60 and the issue with dropbox is so far resolved. i will update if this changes.

This seems to have worked for me

I encountered same issue with the latest version KIS (18.0.2.60a..b), while my Dropbox app indicates the cause related to the certificate of Dropbox but this never occurs in my Windows version KIS either 2018 or 2019. My Dropbox app works fine sometimes, but failed due to this certificate issue suddenly.

As the problem reoccurred I contacted Kaspersky and the initial contact did not provide resolution I have sent a log trace etc to them and await response. I will post when I get an update. 

Hello,

Known issue. Will be fixed. At the moment please use turn off HTTPS scan in the KIS settings, as solution. 

Turn off the HTTPS scan in Protection does work, my Dropbox app resumes to normal. Thanks.

On 6/28/2018 at 2:34 AM, D. said:

Hello,

Known issue. Will be fixed. At the moment please use turn off HTTPS scan in the KIS settings, as solution. 

Please notify when issue is resolved so we can restore settings

5 часов назад, Brian B сказал:

Please notify when issue is resolved so we can restore settings

Sure.

I also have this issue. "turn off HTTPS scan in the KIS settings, as solution" as a work around works - but I bought the product to have protection. Looking forward to resolution. Thank you!

I will search where to post, but I could not connect network drives until I excluded them from the scans...

I have an older Mac which is running High Sierra. I am running Kaspersky Internet Security 18.0.1.35a.b and there are no updates available. I can no longer connect to Dropbox. "can't establish a secure connection". I do not see HTTPS settings to turn off. How do I solve this?

6 часов назад, Stairclimber113 сказал:

I have an older Mac which is running High Sierra. I am running Kaspersky Internet Security 18.0.1.35a.b and there are no updates available. I can no longer connect to Dropbox. "can't establish a secure connection". I do not see HTTPS settings to turn off. How do I solve this?

Open KIS -> KIS Preferences -> Protection. Find HTTPS settings and turn off it.