jkfweb

Network Agent installation from MSI, putting client in correct group

I've gotten the MSI installer working perfectly for the client and the agent with the exception of one thing.

I want the Network Agent install to automatically move the client to a specified group.  Currently with the command line below it will install and show up in Unassigned Devices if it's a new client.

msiexec.exe /i "Kaspersky Network Agent.msi" /qn DONT_USE_ANSWER_FILE=1 EULA=1 PRIVACYPOLICY=1 SERVERADDRESS="<serveraddress>" OPENUDPPORT=0 GATEWAYADDRESS="<serveraddress>" GATEWAYMODE=2 CERTSELECTION=GetOnFirstConnection

Can anyone assist with this?

Thanks,

Joshua

Hello. 

Please provide information described in the following article:

Also, why you do not use relocation rules in KSC or installation task properties ?

Evgeny,

I used this site, https://support.kaspersky.com/12396#block1, to review the parameters currently available.

I'm specifically looking for a command line parameter for the MSI installation to put clients to the proper location or group.  I would also be happy if there was another application packaged with the Network Agent install that I could use to execute remotely and move the client into the proper group.

We are using the 10.5 version (latest) of the Kaspersky Network Agent but there are no error logs, or relevant information to post since there is no problem installing.

We don't deploy using the KSC console since about 1/3 of our clients are not directly connected, and we have not had good luck deploying to clients offline in the KSC console.  We use BMC Client Management to deploy application installs world wide.

Thanks for your help Evgeny, I used the moving rules for the unassigned devices and have a workable solution.

Out of curiosity why can't we specify the destination group name for the computer as part of the installation when using an MSI?

I know when you create a packaged EXE from the KSC for the Network Agent you can specify the group it will go to, seems like an oversight to not include the same functionality as part of the MSI install.

Joshua

Hello.

You can specify management group for a PC when you create deployment or remote installation task, but not during installation package creation. Server knows the task scope, so when agent pulse packet reaches the server, it moves device record to specified management group.