bmax1985

Remotely Use KES Interface via NetOp

Hello,

We use NetOp Remote Control to manage our remote clients.  When connected remotely, I'm unable to manage the KES interface even after adding any NetOp executable I can find to the 'trusted zone' and checking the box for 'Do not block interaction with the application interface'.

Has anyone made this work?  We have a few varying versions of NetOp but the executables appear the same.  I have attached a screenshot of the applications.  They all exist in the path: 

%ProgramFiles(x86)%)\Netop\Netop Remote Control\Host\

NetOp.PNG

Hello. 

Please provide information described in this article:

25 minutes ago, Evgeny_E said:

Hello. 

Please provide information described in this article:

Hello,

I'd be happy to provide this info direct to the support team if you'd like.  Is there a way to do that here or do I just need to open a case?  As this is a public forum, I'm not comfortable posting the full GSI or system logs.  Thank you,

If it helps, here is my trusted zone config attached as well as what I have selected for those items at this time.  The items are being pushed to the client it seems as well.  I attached the client image too.

I'll try to get the files uploaded somehow but both exceed the 4MB limit.

Trusted Zone Applications.PNG

Trusted Zone Client Side.PNG

1 hour ago, bmax1985 said:

If it helps, here is my trusted zone config attached as well as what I have selected for those items at this time.  The items are being pushed to the client it seems as well.  I attached the client image too.

I'll try to get the files uploaded somehow but both exceed the 4MB limit.

Trusted Zone Applications.PNG

Trusted Zone Client Side.PNG

Please collect KES traces from the target host (to which you are connecting via RDP), while the connection is being established and you try to access KES interface. Please also describe your steps while collecting the traces.

Thank you.

Posted (edited)

Hello and sorry for taking so long to reply.  PTO and a crazy schedule got me off of this.

Did you ever receive the files that I uploaded?   I had issues getting files of that size to the support forum user as well.

Find attached the trace requested.

Steps to create:  Connect with RDP > Enable trace > Connect With NetOp > attempt to manipulate KES interface > Killed KES via task manager > opened again and tried to use again > Connected with RDP > Disabled Trace.

Thank you for any assistance.

Edit:  Upload failed.  FML

Is there some other way to get you guys files?  I can host them and send someone a link.

Edited by bmax1985

Hello all,

I ended up reaching out to support yesterday and they were able to use the trace to identify that the processes required to be Trusted were Winlogon.exe and Explorer.exe.  I've added these but left them subject to scanning in case a different process hooks inot them and my issue is resolved.

Thank you and please mark this as resolved.