protoman1008

stuck at 96%, Kaspersky Total Security 19.0.0.1088(a) Update problems

I have a strange update problem that stated to occur since the recent program update.
For some reason the update is stuck for the second time now at 96% and doesn't do anything else then that...

This morning I had the same issue after upgrading to the latest program version, the first update went fine. Later an automatic update followed and noticed the arrow down animation on the taskbar didn't change after a while.
The first thing I thought was something's wrong here. So the next logical thing I did was using the removal tool to completely uninstall the program.
All of that went fine until I had to reboot,  it simply locked my entire computer up for some strange reason I can't figure why the uninstaller did that.
However, I forced a shutdown on my laptop. Everything booted up fine back to Windows and Kaspersky was indeed uninstalled just fine.

Then, I reinstalled the latest version. Went all fine, no issues at all.
The first manual update attempt was successfully done. Later it tries to automatically update again and the exact same issue is happening again. Again stuck at 96% for almost an hour now...

I've provided screenshots of the reports to give a better idea what's going on.
Honestly I have no idea why it even does this... I've never had this issue with version 18...

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

Edited by protoman1008

I've just tried to reinstall KTS, now I'm having a new problem. It's not letting me after downloading something.
The next error shows up and rolls back the installation. :c

I did notice there's still an Kaspersky Anti-Virus running in the processes?
Also the removal tool claims there's no Kaspersky Installations present on the system.

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_5.png

Screenshot_6.png

I've managed to fix the issue above, however... The update issue returned again. :/
The update server is modified to what harlan4096 suggested. Still no change.

Screenshot_7.png

36 minutes ago, protoman1008 said:

I've managed to fix the issue above, however... The update issue returned again. :/
The update server is modified to what harlan4096 suggested. Still no change.

Try this.

Go to BIOS>Disable CPU VT(virtualization tech).

Edited by hitandrun

10 hours ago, hitandrun said:

Try this.

You genius.
This fixed the issue for me, manually updated 3 times now and appears to be no longer freezing at 96%. :3

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated.

8 hours ago, protoman1008 said:

You genius.
This fixed the issue for me, manually updated 3 times now and appears to be no longer freezing at 96%. :3

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated.

You're welcome.

Edited by hitandrun

23 hours ago, hitandrun said:

Try this.

Hi

Is this the virtualisation that influences whether Safe Money will work? It used to be that Safe Money wouldn't work if virtualisation was disabled, so I'm wondering if this is the same one, and if it is, will it still affect whether Safe Money works.

disabling VT is not a solution for me because I usually  run apps they need it

Repeated post: 

Also, in addition to other instructions posted a few posts located above,

Please try running Edge browser, as indicated in the Russian forum:  https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?/topic/395149-зависание-kis-при-обновлении-антивирусных-баз/&do=findComment&comment=2804593

Any better after running Edge browser when this issue occurs?

1 hour ago, richbuff said:

Repeated post: 

Also, in addition to other instructions posted a few posts located above,

Please try running Edge browser, as indicated in the Russian forum:  https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?/topic/395149-зависание-kis-при-обновлении-антивирусных-баз/&do=findComment&comment=2804593

Any better after running Edge browser when this issue occurs?

What i have done is to change the Database Update settings to... Manual Update... and just do random, regular updates, seems to have worked so far. I will change the settings back to Automatic when a permanent fix is released. (or unless it get stuck again ) ....cheers.

Hello:  Still seeing update issues on both of my computers (laptop and desktop) both running KTS 19 with Windows 10 (fully updated).   Manual update seem to be OK.  Any idea when this will be fixed.  Only way to get it off 100% is to shut down system as it freezes when trying to do a restart (trying to turn off app).  Any idea when this will be fixed and is it a problem in version 18?

Please try out  the above suggestion from richbuff and run Edge when you encounter this issue. Also , for a fix ETA please contact the Technical Support.

running edge unstuck the update process til the next time

Thanks Bernie and Ukue.  Looks like the problem may be fixed a last few auto updates have been quick.  Who would have thought that running Edge would resolve such an issue???? 

Hi All Yes I have the same issue.   couple times stuck at 96%  and right now 100%  shutdown restart it comes back OK and manual works

I believe it cause my Canon scanning software to fail. Could Scan from Printer to PC but not from PC directly! After reboot all ok.

Edited by chagoi
additional info

How did you even get 2019 of Total Security? I'm still being offered 2018 in downloads.

Any solution on this?

I'm on version 19.0.0.1088(a) update stuck at 97%, if I start Edge - update finishes.

Edited by ddobrev

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.