mclawler75

KES10.3.0.6294 and Windows 10 1803 - Black Screen on boot

I've got a couple of PC's that updated to Windows 10 1803 and have 10.3.0.6294 installed on them.  on reboot all they get is a black screen, I'm having to reboot into safe mode, remove Kaspersky, and re-install with version 10.2.6.3733.

Anyone else seeing this, and if so, what all are you doing to correct it?

Thankyou mcawler75... you legend

had 15 new machines go dead on us till we found this. 

Kaspersky you wasted so much of our tech time with your lack of TESTING. 

2k +subscriptions of kas. with all the potential of being disabled. 

You want dump . do it the hard way . do it yourselves install a new pc install kas and crash it.  oh probably would have the data now if you test properly.

J

I downloaded the internet security file from their official website and the file somehow seems to be corrupted. 

After installation my computer got a black screen on reboot and I was stuck with that for a while. Later I booted using network safe mode and went to command prompt using this method

https://youtu.be/0-w0EjhUEKk

Then went to their official site and downloaded the startup file (you'll find it in kaspersky - Home Users - Downloads - Internet Security - Update). It's just 2MB. Downloaded the internet security file which is nearly 148 MB using this and now it works perfect.

@kaspersky have to delete that curropt file which is in their official site. 

Hope it helps.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.