xzz123

I am forced to use old modules, why?

Dear KL

I am sorry to open a topic in this branch, I know it may be Inappropriate to do so but there is no better place to tell you such problem.

I am installing avp2019, but I found that each time when installation began, the Looking for new version of application process, which started by ztuu always rollback lots of latest modules back to an old version.

The first time I use an online installer, it automatically download bases packages from here, which contain new modules. When I start update after installation, the update package was quite large than I noticed that I have received lots of old modules, like Qscan and Klavasyswatch, etc. I kept using for few days, no new modules arrive.

Just now I tried again.I download all packages to local and start installation.

Right after I began installation by runing start.exe, the ztuu again download a lot of old modules so the new one can not be applied.

For example, Klavasyswatch in dm.kaspersky-labs.com and its unmod version(the one ztuu deliver to me)

Spoiler

210754186_QQ20180523155141.thumb.png.ed2fffa99d74d0fafb11335ef4d5d641.png

Look at the size of log0 and log1, there are nearly every modules in SW are rolled back.  

Actually I have checked update server and found there are indeed new version in there, mod folder. But I just can not use them.

Hello! 

Could you please provide us some additional info?

You'll need to:

1) Unload product

2) Enable traces (Support -> Support tools; level=low)

3) Start product

4) Perform update

5) If you see that you received old modules again, gather traces and send them to us

1 hour ago, Veronika Tanaeva said:

Hello! 

Could you please provide us some additional info?

You'll need to:

1) Unload product

2) Enable traces (Support -> Support tools; level=low)

3) Start product

4) Perform update

5) If you see that you received old modules again, gather traces and send them to us

Hello

Right now I have early stored installation logs which should record how ztuu download old modules》

installation.rar

As for traces, I will reinstall product. I can not reproduce because I already got the old modules. I need to reproduce from the moment I install the product.

I will do that next day.

Regards

What I plan to do is

Install product using this online installer, 

by design I will get databases packages from here 

when installation complete, I will do an update and check if I still got old modules.

If I want to enable traces before installation, is such reg file below correct? I will put it with the installer.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\AVP19.0.0\Trace\Default]
"TraceFileEnable"=dword:00000001

Posted (edited)

Hello

I am happy to tell that I can no loger reproduce such problems using any means of installation.

Thank you very much.

update

But I tried to use the unconvenient way to install(just because I do not want Kesc installed with avp), it is the second way in my first post.

I download all product package and databases pakcages to local and start installation by clicking start.exe

Still using this way, I got most modules rolled back at the procees ‘Searching for newer version of the application’, the begining of the installation.

There are no traces at this process, only install logs are created.

Temp.rar

Edited by xzz123

Well I still managed to get some traces for this problem.

I did an update and there are lots of modules rolled backed.

Kaspersky Lab.rar

2 hours ago, Veronika Tanaeva said:

Oh, sorry, I can't open the archives. =(

Hello sir

What happened?

It has no password:o

43 minutes ago, Veronika Tanaeva said:

It says that archive is damaged

Hello

But I can open them in my PC(winrar 5.5 x64)

Try 7zip format, below are two reproduce, the problem happened in two situation:pre installation and first update after intall.

installation logs:Temp.7z

trace:Kaspersky Lab.7z

Hello KL

Please allow me ask a small question:P

Have you abandon modules update testing?  Can you still introducing new updated modules and its details in this section?

Actually sometimes I really hope that there are full names, detail version, update time of those modules(engines, program core omponents and etc) shown in the ABOUT or TECH SUPPORT page in the product gui. Just like Trend Micro and Symantec endpoint protection.

Regards.