Alex C.

Defender Security Center Actions needed in Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows

Our company uses Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows, but we have the firewall disabled and depend on the Windows firewall.  I'm running Windows 10 and have KES 11 installed.  In the Windows Defender Security Center's Firewall and network protection section has a red "X" and says "Actions needed in Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows.  Open Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows".  If I click Open, nothing happens.  This happened on Version 10 of KES and earlier versions of Windows 10 as well.  Other people have seen this too, so I know it's not just my machine.  Any thoughts?

Thank you,

Alex.

1 hour ago, Alex C. said:

Our company uses Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows, but we have the firewall disabled and depend on the Windows firewall.  I'm running Windows 10 and have KES 11 installed.  In the Windows Defender Security Center's Firewall and network protection section has a red "X" and says "Actions needed in Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows.  Open Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows".  If I click Open, nothing happens.  This happened on Version 10 of KES and earlier versions of Windows 10 as well.  Other people have seen this too, so I know it's not just my machine.  Any thoughts?

Thank you,

Alex.

Hello.

Please clarify what the issue is. Is the concern that nothing happens when you press the link, or the warning itself?

How are security applications managed on the host (locally or by AD administrator?)

How many hosts have this issue?

Thank you.

I guess both. I don’t know why KES doesn’t open, and I’d like to know why the alert is there to begin with. Our system is administered centrally using the Kaspersky security console.

Oh, and at least three end users have reported this. I don’t work in the same office as many of them, so I can’t walk around and check.

We have exactly the same issue.  Its like they're not fully compliant with the Defender Framework (screenshot attached),

Virus & Threat protection say Status Unavailable and Firewall says Actions needed (although like most other Enterprises that currently use Microsoft's Direct Access VPN tech, we use Windows Firewall).

The main issue for us is we'll have customers call saying "We're not protected", when they are, so these options either need to say they're protected or not generate alerts in the Security Centre.

Windows 10 1803 17134.48

Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows
Application Version: 11.0.0.6499 AES256
Database release at time of posting: 01/06/2018 03:54:00

KES11.png

Attached is a screenshot on my system.  Is there a way to generate a private GSI report, otherwise I cannot upload it because of corporate security policies.  I'm running Windows 10 1803 17134.48 and Kaspersky 11.0.0.6499 just like Langaleer.

2018-06-01 22_14_52-.png

Edited by Alex C.

I have the same since I upgrade Windows 10 from 1703 to 1803. Kaspersky Endpoint is version 11.

Any ideas how we can solve this? ( we are planning an upgrade on all our Windows 10 laptops)

We've had the pf5049 patch installed and it has not resolve the issue unfortunately.  My colleague that downloaded it via the support portal I believe has already reported this back.

Tom Wuyts 

Hello. 

Please request PF5049 through CompanyAccount and check reproduction after this patch installation.

Our Kaspersky team wasn’t able to find it. Is there a specific process to follow to get it?

46 minutes ago, Alex C. said:

Our Kaspersky team wasn’t able to find it. Is there a specific process to follow to get it?

It is unclear what the reply is related to. There is no "finding" the private fix mentioned above. You need to create an incident in CompanyAccount, describing your issue and stating that you have been suggested to apply the private fix in this topic forum, and our engineer should attach the patch in their reply.

Thank you.

Dear friends,

The following information should be helpful for all new instances of the issue described in this topic.

We have a confirmation from MS that this behavior is a bug on OS side.

Windows 10 version 1709: fixed in KB4056892

Windows 10 version 1803: appears somehow to revert the fix. Another incident has been submitted to MS regarding the new version, and is currently in progress. Please address MS support for status updates.

Thank you.

Defender started showing actions needed in Kaspersky after Windows 10 was upgraded to 1803.  Switching Kaspersky firewall off and on removed the warning for me.

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 3:27 PM, Kirill Tsapovsky said:

It is unclear what the reply is related to. There is no "finding" the private fix mentioned above. You need to create an incident in CompanyAccount, describing your issue and stating that you have been suggested to apply the private fix in this topic forum, and our engineer should attach the patch in their reply.

Thank you.

Our Kaspersky instance is managed by a 3rd party.  I told them about the hotfix and that's what they replied back with.  Now that I see your post about waiting for a fix from MSFT, we'll do that.

After upgrading to Kaspersky Endpoint v11,  had a similar issue where Windows 10 (v1803), Security Shield in the taskbar had an X/! mark on it. Searched Google and Windows for a while, then stumbled on the "Virus and threat protection" in the "Windows Defender Security Center" menu, MS Defender's "Ransomware protection" was waiting for OneDrive setup, simply click "Dismiss" and Windows stops reporting an issue. Kaspersky has an alternative to guard against ransomware if you need to use it.

Not sure why you can't access this option from "View notifications" or "Security Dashboard". Goofy MS options hierarchy.

Cheers

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.