The Kaspersky blocked protections settings in KFA 2019. I don't like prohibition and consider an big error of Kaspersky Lab. The limitation of modules is normal, but not allow protection settings is an overkill. My opinion is that various not like too.

Conclusion: Kaspersky not think in free users, only wish more users to increase your database of users to increase protection of paid users too. 

My opinion only.

6 hours ago, thiagoa said:

The Kaspersky blocked protections settings in KFA 2019. I don't like prohibition and consider an big error of Kaspersky Lab. The limitation of modules is normal, but not allow protection settings is an overkill. My opinion is that various not like too.

Conclusion: Kaspersky not think in free users, only wish more users to increase your database of users to increase protection of paid users too. 

My opinion only.

I overkill about say Kaspersky not think in free users, but is an overkill not allow protection settings. I continue with KFA installed here.

If I remember seeing correctly, protection settings are disabled in 2019 free antivirus, but they included System Watcher.

Also, KFA 2019 offers a high level protection at no cost.

3 hours ago, Marko13 said:

If I remember seeing correctly, protection settings are disabled in 2019 free antivirus, but they included System Watcher.

Yes, the quality of Kaspersky Free is excellent.

3 hours ago, Berny said:

Also, KFA 2019 offers a high level protection at no cost.

My discussion not is about level protection of Kaspersky Free, but of not allow protection settings.

Why blocked protection settings? Please, cite an motive. The protection is of high level? Yes. The question is: Why not allow that user decide configurations with your desire?

If an module present an problem, is more easy to user identify the module responsable with deactivation. Or not?

Other question.

The Kaspersky disponibilize in your antivirus free same level of paid protection. But blocked protection settings not affect level protection, correct? In others words, not exist motive to blocke protection settings. Is it important know that the user like of use configurations of your preference. Note that others antivirus freeware offers good protection too, and allow configurations because not affect upgrade to paid version.

Free version = fewer modules is normal. Blocked protection settings is overkill.
Paid version = more modules, support priority and others.

Edited by thiagoa

This is a user Forum , only  K-Lab could take your questions into consideration.

3 minutes ago, Berny said:

This is a user Forum , only  K-Lab could take your questions into consideration. 

I understand. But cite your opinion if possible.

I like new KFA 2019 and noted that same modules of KAV include in KFA, correct? Level protection of paid version in freeware. Incredible!

Contact support and ask them via my.kaspersky.com

The replies on the forums are not official as we do not have access to marketing plans about features.

I'm sorry but there is no reason to do that. For example, a skilled user want to decide what the av will do in case of infection, so I select "disinfect, delete if it's not possible".
Sometimes we want to prevent a third user to decide what to do. Or maybe we don't need email protection because we use the http version.
I really can't understand this move from kaspersky.

I am guessing the decision is purely for marketing reasons. Again if you would like an official statement on this your best bet is contact Tech Support in the link I previously posted.

Just updated to 2019...

Even if I don't like it, I can understand that change but the real problem is we can't even see the default settings!
So we don't really know what the modules are doing and how they are doing it.

Edited by MaximeJ

No problems here. It will ask you about detection's that it finds on your computer (clean, delete, ignore). It will automatically block malicious files on the internet. So far it's using the same settings that I prefer so that's good.

17 hours ago, vBDKv said:

No problems here. It will ask you about detection's that it finds on your computer (clean, delete, ignore). It will automatically block malicious files on the internet. So far it's using the same settings that I prefer so that's good.

Sure, but someone prefer to automatically disinfect and delete if disinfection is not possible.

1 hour ago, Topo said:

Sure, but someone prefer to automatically disinfect and delete if disinfection is not possible.

That is still possible, and it's actually enabled by default as well.

itsfine.jpg

^ Disinfect is also only for viruses, something we rarely see these days.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.