MirceaForce

GDPR Ready, KIS/KAV 2019 official released kis 19.0.0.1088, [merged]

Thanks Berny and Dpool. I've found that page (but why can't KL put a link to it on their nag screen?) and it seems that it's oriented towards businesses rather than individuals. So I'll leave it for a while until and bugs have been sorted.

Suggest it to them via my.kaspersky.com. This is just a user forum.

Just an aside about this issue that might be of help for some getting this nag window. I used to get daily nags about this new GDPR compliant version, but once I clicked on the "Download" button, which took me to a Kaspersky page that allowed me to download the stub file, I haven't received any more nags, despite sticking with KIS 2018. I've been nag free for about a week.

Still no 2019 KIS/KAV versions for none EU countries.

Edited by alex5723

I turned on my wife's laptop today and noticed there was an invitation to download and install a GDPR version of KIS. After pressing a button a file from the U.K. site was downloaded.The File Description of Startup.exe -18.0.0.405.0.1274.0 - seems to indicated that it relates to v18 rather than the expected v19! 
Furthermore a message appeared stating (the obvious) that KIS was already installed - which is true, the current installed KIS is 18.0.0.405(h) !!
So what is going on?? Also is the install "over the top" or does the user have to use Control Panel to remove the current first??
Also could someone explain what aspects of this 'new' KIS makes it conform to GDPR ??

23 hours ago, wgcuser said:

Decided to bite the bullet with wife's laptop. Navigated to first link suggested by @Don Pelotas in his sticky above. Where, on the U.K site, there is an "Update" link to download Startup.exe for v19. Ran Startup (after using Control Panel to delete v18, saving License info and rebooting).

v19.0.0.1088(a) - seems fine with Win7 Starter, fingers x'd

I see this installer, it means the 2019 version was relesed now? where i can download the 2019 version final not beta?  https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads/thank-you/free-antivirus-download

On 6/27/2018 at 12:59 PM, kevinalberto said:

Is this a Beta or something like that¨?

No, this is the official release. :)

Hi.

I'm confused with stable versions.

So, I need to know which is the latest Final/Stable version of KIS: 18.0.0.405 or 19.0.0.1088?.

Edited by vincentmax

2 month after the release of EU's GDPR versions and still no KIS/KAV 2019 for the rest of the world.

What exactly  is holding Kaspersky from releasing the updated versions ?

Perhaps a knowledgeable user can explain what makes v19 of KIS  a GDPR compliant product?

Point to the requirements for AV products on the ICO's web site

Maybe it's in the T's & C's

- which we all (don't) read ? 

:)

The innards are not fully known but KL had certified v19 build 19.0.0.1088 as GDPR compliant. All users encouraged to upgrade to the latest build anyways. 

While the Tech Release had happened a long time ago its up to the marketing in each region to decide what versions to push up to end users. Granted, nothing is stopping you from grabbing the installer and load it up on your PC provided you are an active license holder.

And no it's not beta, that link contains only released versions. Beta versions are clearly marked as such and would not take your commercial key code.

Installed yesterday the (proper) Global English KAV 19.0.0.1088(a) from https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads.

Still no patch B after 2 days of updates.

Where can I download the full application, just for backup/offline installation ?

Edited by alex5723

After a clean install it can take some more days to obtain Patch B. Also, you need to reboot your system to activate the new Patch. To obtain a full installer please contact the Technical Support.

Either KIS 2019 is still not released in the US, or maybe I'm just too incompetent to download it.  I've decided to download it from  https://products.s.kaspersky-labs.com/homeuser/ .  But going to what I think is the appropriate directory (Index of /homeuser/kis2019/19.0.0.1088a/english-0.1715.0/5c42f68b/) I see two versions:

1. startup_14452.exe
  2. startup_14468.exe

They are both the same size.  Which do I download?

Hello.

Can you please confirm KIS 2019 (and not 2020) is the very latest version of the product?

And how can I download the full package for patch b? I ask because on this page I see v19.0.0.1088 with patch "a" available for download as a full package:

https://products.s.kaspersky-labs.com/homeuser/kis2019/19.0.0.1088a/english-gb-0.1248.0/united kingdom(en-gb)/

But here I see there is a version with patch "b" but I cannot find the full package anywhere:

https://products.s.kaspersky-labs.com/homeuser/kis2019/19.0.0.1088ab/

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.