Jump to content
DaveC

Network Agent klcsntgui.exe fails to start

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

I recently started deploying Network Agent 10.5.1781 alongside version 11.0.0.6499 of Endpoint Security.  The deployment of both is successful, however I've found on all systems deployed so far that running klcsntgui.exe generates an error:

 

Failed to deine the status of Network Agent service. #1181 (5)
System error 0x5 (Access is denied.)

 


I can still manage the workstation, and the policy defined is applied.  Looking in the services management console on the workstation I can't see the Kaspersky Network Agent service which used to be there in previous versions of the Network Agent.  I presume this service is now no longer required and this is the reason the klcsntgui.exe fails. Can this be ignored?

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post

Hello!

Do you have any issues with the network agent? 

Any issues with connectivity? 

Please check if the services are running/ 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post

I'm experiencing this same exact issue. I've tried upgrading on the fly and this error happens. I've also gone as far as removed all Kaspersky software and install them separately and still get this error on the endpoints. Services are running and no connectivity issues.

Share this post


Link to post

Hello,

 

Apologies for the delay.  There isn't a Kaspersky Network Agent service installed on any of my workstations once I update to version 10.5.1781.  I couldn't find any notes saying this would be the case, but as the KSC is reporting the status of the client devices I assume somewhere something is reporting the status back to the Security Center Server?

 

No issues with connectivity as I can remotely manage tasks on devices and start/stop applications on the client devices.

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post

Hello.

Please check your network agent installation package for enabled option "Protect Network Agent service against unauthorized removal, stop, or changes to the settings". 

If a mark is set, then the behavior you have described is expected.

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/18/2018 at 4:11 PM, Evgeny_E said:

Hello.

Please check your network agent installation package for enabled option "Protect Network Agent service against unauthorized removal, stop, or changes to the settings". 

If a mark is set, then the behavior you have described is expected.

Ah! That's the reason.  Thank you, I can disable that to fix it.

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/18/2018 at 11:11 AM, Evgeny_E said:

Hello.

Please check your network agent installation package for enabled option "Protect Network Agent service against unauthorized removal, stop, or changes to the settings". 

If a mark is set, then the behavior you have described is expected.

And is a re-installation of the package required for the issue to resolve itself or will it eventually right itself?

Share this post


Link to post

Hello!

Reinstallation will install the same agent with the same settings. 

If you need to change the settings it is better to recreate the package. 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/29/2018 at 4:39 AM, Ivan.Ponomarev said:

Hello!

Reinstallation will install the same agent with the same settings. 

If you need to change the settings it is better to recreate the package. 

Thanks!

Dear Support,

Same issue is occurring with our case, devices and servers are communicating properly (checked by telnet and ping), but after taking remote session of affected device it is noted on 9-10 devices that Network Agent services are stopped (although startup type is - Automatic (Delayed)), but after restarting the device the Network Agent starts running and device status becomes normal, 300+ devices have same status "Device gone out of control". Kindly suggest the resolution for this issue. Waiting for your prompt response. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
6 часов назад, HD сказал:

Dear Support,

Same issue is occurring with our case, devices and servers are communicating properly (checked by telnet and ping), but after taking remote session of affected device it is noted on 9-10 devices that Network Agent services are stopped (although startup type is - Automatic (Delayed)), but after restarting the device the Network Agent starts running and device status becomes normal, 300+ devices have same status "Device gone out of control". Kindly suggest the resolution for this issue. Waiting for your prompt response. Thanks

Hello!

Please provide us the full GSI from affected host.

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Dmitry Parshutin said:

Hello!

Please provide us the full GSI from affected host.

Thank you!

Hello,

Thanks for the response. You are already analyzing my article with the same issue. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.