charbelseif

KES 11 - Slow outlook app after installing KES 11

Dear sir, i am facing a slowness on Outlook application after installing KES 11, it hangs when moving from email to email , and on start up take much time to load, whenever i disable mail threat  protection it works fine.

but i don't want to disable this feature, any info please, thank you.

Hello. 

Please provide information described in the following article: 

Hello. 

As a first step you would need to get rid of the following incompatible software :

KernelDriver
MBAMSwissArmy
MBAMSwissArmy
System32\Drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys
Normalized driver file name is:
C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys
Driver file exist: True
Copyright: (C) Malwarebytes. All rights reserved.

Win32OwnProcess
Malwarebytes Service
MBAMService
"C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe"

Drivers files in system drivers folder (Copyright base): 
C:\Windows\system32\drivers\farflt.sys, (C) Malwarebytes. All rights reserved., Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Protection
C:\Windows\system32\drivers\mbam.sys, (C) Malwarebytes. All rights reserved., Malwarebytes Real-Time Protection
C:\Windows\system32\drivers\mbamchameleon.sys, (C) Malwarebytes. All rights reserved., Malwarebytes Chameleon
C:\Windows\system32\drivers\MBAMSwissArmy.sys, (C) Malwarebytes. All rights reserved., Malwarebytes SwissArmy
C:\Windows\system32\drivers\mwac.sys, (C) Malwarebytes. All rights reserved., Malwarebytes Web Protection

It is better to use software vendor tools to remove incompatible software, if standard Windows installation procedures no longer available.

Ok and what after ? still facing same problem, the problem is happening on all workstations even this incompatible software isn't available !!!

I don't see you mentioning about multiple instances of this issue before.

Tell us about Outlook version in use, is it 64 or 32 bit application  ?

i faced this problem as soon as i upgraded from version 10.3 to 11 of kaspersky endpoint security , my version of outlook is 16.0.4639.1000 64-bit, i am facing this problem also on 2010 and 2013 version of outlook, 32-bit and 64-bit, when moving from mail to mail ( click on your mail to read it and move to another it hangs then make the mail readable ). i can record a small video for few seconds so i can show you what is happening if you would like to.

Same situation on my side. After upgrade to KES11 and now after upgrade to KES10SP2MR2.

Outlook and also other MS Office 2016 programs are very slow or stop responding. Also very bad performace of all Windows system.

Openned ticket: INC000009197600

charbelseif 

I have sent you instruction in PM, as soon as you ready you may sent this data in personal message to @KLCentralSupport don't forget to add a link to this topic in message so we would not loose your data.

55 minutes ago, charbelseif said:

Log File as request

https://we.tl/0BPh5KHAiS

Please see if the issue occurs when all KES components are turned off/ when only Mail Anti-Virus (Mail Threat Protection) is turned on and all other components are turned off. Does disabling the Outlook extension resolve the issue? Please let us know to help localilze the issue.

Thank you.

Plugin Disabled and Mail Threat protection On , no issue,  ( but i don't need to disable the plugin, if i disable it i will not benefit from the mail threat protection )

Plugin Enabled All KES Components turnred off and Mail Threat protection On issue not resolved, please check the link below, https://we.tl/afTf75TUqc

i have provided a small video about the issue it freezes the Outlook app.

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

54 minutes ago, charbelseif said:

Plugin Disabled and Mail Threat protection On , no issue,  ( but i don't need to disable the plugin, if i disable it i will not benefit from the mail threat protection )

Plugin Enabled All KES Components turnred off and Mail Threat protection On issue not resolved, please check the link below, https://we.tl/afTf75TUqc

i have provided a small video about the issue it freezes the Outlook app.

How many hosts are affected by this issue?

Does it display three different versions of the plug-in on each of them? Expected behavior is just one entry.

Please collect KES traces + KES Outlook plug-in traces (created in the same folder) + xperf log (from Windows Performance Kit included in the ADK) while all KES components are turned off except MailAV (and Outlook plug-in, naturally). Please also provide a GSI report from the host.

Thank you.

This is from a different station, also facing the same issue, i am facing the issue on all my stations, almost 90-100 pc and laptop, i have disabled the Mail Threat Protection on all Computers,

with the Outlook 2010-2013-2016 and even the O365 version, same problem with them all.

how to collect kes traces and kes outlook plugin-traces ?

GSI report ?

Please provide help and documentation so i could send you the required elements needed, if remote session is required i could provide you access.

1.PNG

14 minutes ago, charbelseif said:

This is from a different station, also facing the same issue, i am facing the issue on all my stations, almost 90-100 pc and laptop, i have disabled the Mail Threat Protection on all Computers,

with the Outlook 2010-2013-2016 and even the O365 version, same problem with them all.

how to collect kes traces and kes outlook plugin-traces ?

GSI report ?

Please provide help and documentation so i could send you the required elements needed, if remote session is required i could provide you access.

1.PNG

For instruction on collecting mentioned data, please follow the links in my signature.

All data needs to be collected from one host representative of the issue.

Thank you.

57 minutes ago, charbelseif said:

There is an archive with a procmon log and xperf log from earlier, but no xperf log related to the reproduction when KES traces were collected. Please note that all mentioned data need to belong to a single reproduction in order to be able to be analyzed by the developer.

Thank you.

В 21.05.2018 в 17:21, Kirill Tsapovsky сказал:

Please note that all mentioned data need to belong to a single reproduction in order to be able to be analyzed by the developer.

Hello!

Please collect all the data at once: logs, traces and GSI. 

Thanks!

Hi, i have a similar Problem with 10.3.0.6294

if KES is active Outlook takes about 1-2 Minutes to start and about 10 Minutes connecting to our Exchange Server

if i quit KES Outlook starts as normal

we use Outlook 2013 Volume LIcense

i never contacted Kaspersky Support. how can i create an incident.

2 часа назад, dataworxx сказал:

Hi, i have a similar Problem with 10.3.0.6294

if KES is active Outlook takes about 1-2 Minutes to start and about 10 Minutes connecting to our Exchange Server

if i quit KES Outlook starts as normal

we use Outlook 2013 Volume LIcense

i never contacted Kaspersky Support. how can i create an incident.

Hello!

Please proceed to the companyaccount.kaspersky.com and create an incident after a registration on this ressource. 

Thanks!

Posted (edited)

Hi,

I have same problem with KES_11.0.0.6499

when disable plugin or use protection status normal.

otherwise outlook randomly crash.

we use office 365 and office 2013 all versions same.

waiting solution for urgently because outlook is important app on my system.

Edited by Taner Arslan